Steak n Shake Interview Questions in South Bend, IN | Glassdoor

2.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (South Bend, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Two interviews were nessecary to get promoted to this position. Human Resources and the Division President. Everyone in upper management wants to see people succeed so it was more of a peep talk than an interview. Before hand there was a period where I was in an acting GM role. Too see if I could handle and enjoy the new position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are ready to run a store?   1 Answer
    • What has been your biggest struggle in preparing for this role?   1 Answer
    • What strength do you have that will help you?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mishawaka, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Mishawaka, IN) in February 2011.

Interview

I had to wait for hours and had 3 interviews all asking they same questions. I don't believe management talked to each other. They were the worst interviews that I have ever sat through. The types of questions were not very effective, they did not explain the job that I was going to be doing very well or how much stress the job puts on you.

Interview Questions

• My work experience, my life, do I have kids, what I like to do, do i have any rewards and about my attendance.   1 Answer