Steel Authority of India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Steel Authority of India Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.9

MT(T) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Steel Authority of India (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Bring all original documents as asked. Compliance is must in this regard
    Two rounds of GD, very rowdy participants and shabbily organised. At times you had to shout for attention. Although there were couple of sensible people there as well. Still could have been organised better.
    GD's followed by pannel interview

Interview Questions

• Why join such a massive organisation?
      What are Primary key, Candidate Key etc..
      What do you know about Steel Manufacturing.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steel Authority of India (New Delhi (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

the interview was for summer internship for industrial training . I was asked questions on networking, database, sql and my college academics according to my area of interest.Not a stress interview but they did check my knowledge and clarity of concepts.Be through with your resume and you would be through.Good luck.

Sail MT(Civil) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steel Authority of India (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Three stages:-
    Stage 1-written test of 200 marks.the cutoff was 129 so it was pretty high.get as much marks in written as possible. this is your key to selection.75%weightage.
    Stage 2:-
    Group discussion and group exercise for 30 minutes.1 group discussion
    1 prioritisation exercise
    1 selection exercise
    interview:-very easy .one or at most 2 technical questions. rest hr questions

Executive Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Steel Authority of India (Chennai (India)).

Interview

they had given the selection screening process to an outside consultant. Based on test performance they called for a group discussion and interview. the group discussion was interesting. the overall interview experience and the entire process those days took atleast 2 months.

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

One round written which included 2 question papers- Quant and DI (easier than CAT) and another technical..say Mech. Engg, Electronics, etc depending on the stream you have applied for

1 GD and PI.
    GD has 2-3 rounds..you can speak in english or hindi
    PI is mostly on previous job and a bit HR/behavioural

Interview Questions

• SAIL is a jail..People who get into SAIL cannot come out of it..Why do you want to join such a company   2 Answers

MT(T) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Steel Authority of India in July 2014.

Interview

There will be a written exam.After clearing written exam you will be called or GD-PI. GD is not an elimination round.GD will be of there type. Discussion on a topic, Group task, Making priority.Each of them are of 20 minute. Written Exam(weight age 80%), GD(weight age 20%), PI(weight age 20%) . A merit list will be prepared based on your written exam gd pi marks.

Interview Questions

• They ask anything in interview. Mainly the interview was of HR type. they even gave me a problem of trignometry proof.Asked Puzzle also. Some technical question like heat treatment, annealing how ,,steel is made, What is 1Ton of refrigeration , About sail it's chairmen   Answer Question

Negotiation

as it is a PSU . No negotiation

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steel Authority of India in July 2014.

Interview

Shortlisted after a written exam. They had a Group discussion round and a personal interview round. GD had 3 parts 1.debating on a topic 2.prioritizing things 3.discussion about managing an employee situation in a factory. Personal interview was on technical subjects and the stuff you put under extra curricular activities etc.

Interview Questions

• Questions on working of a steel plant, metallurgy aspects etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Management Trainee Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steel Authority of India (New Delhi (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

GD process (panel assessment) having three stages
    1. Case Study
    2. Priority Exercise
    3. Group discussion on a given topic

Followed by panel interview (4 members). In depth interview to assess candidates subject knowledge and expectations from job.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to HR (filed of study), company and general personality judgement.   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Steel Authority of India (Chennai (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

Written Test: March. 3 hours. 1.5 hours for technical (or your field of expertise) 100 questions 1 marks each + 1.5 hours for non-tech i.e. English+General Studies(GK+Current Affairs)+Quantitative Aptitude+Reasoning. 25 questions from each section. Negative marking: 1/4th. Results declared after 2 months in May. GD+Interview in July. Results after 2 months in September. Medicals in October. Joining November. Interview was tech+HR+general awareness.

Interview Questions

• Why steel industry?   Answer Question
    • They placed an object in front of me and asked me to draw all the views (Top, Front and Side).   Answer Question
    • What are the three major problems that India is facing today? Suggest some methods to solve them.   Answer Question

Interview

VERY GOOD. merit based selection. good supportive interviwers. positive & healthy environment. selection preference is not given to political or other influential persons.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation