Steelcase Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 4, 2017

3.1

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Welder Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steelcase.

Interview

I was asked about my employment history, which was honestly pretty minimal. Then we talked about my future plans. I mean I'd like to own the company some day. That would be amazing.

Interview Questions

• What are your future plans?   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I interviewed at Steelcase in July 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an interview pretty quickly after applying online. However, as I arrived for the interview, I realized right away that I was just a "filler" candidate and the woman interviewing seemed unhappy and slightly disrespectful. I had the feeling she didn't want to interview me, but was supposed to. I still admire Steelcase as a company, however, I wish they would interview people they were only *truly* serious about -- because for both parties -- it is not a good use of time.

Proposal Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steelcase in May 2017.

Interview

Prepare to be ghosted. The initial interview process went fairly steadily and quickly, with contact maintained between the HR representative and myself with regularity- even in off-hours. I was one of the final three candidates, and went to the headquarters in Grand Rapids to meet with 4 team members in a total 2 hour interview with 2 separate groups: one person on location, and one phoning in from the office in Mexico.

I appreciated the process-oriented approach they took with questioning, and enjoyed the people that I met. However, it has been nearly complete radio silence from the company ever since (5 weeks later), with only one of my emails being returned with only a mention that a response would be forthcoming on Monday (2 weeks ago). I have been told nothing as to hiring status, or even told that I (clearly) did not get the position.

Not being the chosen candidate is expected during any job search, but to be completely blown off, and not receiving feedback whatsoever is completely unprofessional and unacceptable.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker and how you solved the issue.   Answer Question

Innovation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

applied via their company postings. Had a followup interview with the HR recruiter. Then had a 1 hr intterview with 2 of the team memebers. did not make it to the 3rd half day interview

Interview Questions

• name 3 people you have influenced through your past work.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steelcase.

Interview

So far I have only been for a first round, in person interview. It was relatively basic but pleasant. They asked about my experience and to tell them about myself, they were very patient with all my questions and seemed genuinely interested in learning more about me.

Interview Questions

• What are two good qualities and two bad qualities about yourself?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Steelcase hires contractors through a staffing agency called Experis. They began with a pre-screen and I made it to the first phase of interview process. I was very comfortable during the process and they were very accommodating with my schedule, which was a huge bonus.

Interview Questions

• What would you be if you had to represent yourself with a brand name?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was comfortable yet challenging at the same time. The interviewer was very friendly and asked interesting questions about both your work style and your personality. Overall great experience.

Senior Software Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

First was phone interview with HR, second phone interview was with hiring manager and one team member, third interview was at Steelcase headquarter in Grand Rapids, MI.
    In headquarter, first met with Business Partner, Human Resources, HR Business Partner person for 30 minutes, very nice person, chat was normal HR questions and building visit and how teams are working here.

After Business Partner, Human Resources, HR Business Partner person, met with Software QA team which has 6 members, two of them joined from Mexico over video.

Team was very friendly I didn't feel at all that I am here for an interview but was feeling like I am here for a friendly chat. Only one thing surprised me and that was "all questions were printed and distributed among team members" and members were asking me one by one from that printed sheet.

After team, met with QA director, another friendly person, explained me everything and asked me few questions like why Steelcase, what I am looking for etc.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you think will be challenging for you in this position?
      2. Tell us about how you would conduct this research project from beginning to end
      3. Why do you want to work for Steelcase?
      4. If your interview yourself, what question you will ask right now which we haven't ask?
      5. How you handle the situation if your team member is not performing as expected.
      6. introduce yourself
      7. If you miss target date, what would you do?
      8. If you have one duck of horse size and 100 horses for duck size, you will fight to which?
      9. Difference between Test Plan and Test Strategy
      10. Are you happy with your current management and working environment
      11. Do you know about integration testing?
      12. Have you work on a project where more than one product managers are?

That's all I remember   1 Answer

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Steelcase in October 2016.

Interview

I only had an initial phone interview with the HR recruiter, since I was applying from long distance. It did not go well. The HR rep was rude and asked insinuating questions. It did not give me a very good impression of the corporate culture and I'm thankful It didn't go any further. Companies think it's acceptable to treat potential job candidates like garbage, since you need them more than they need you. However, this kind of logic fails to consider that one bad review on a site like this may in the future cost you hundreds of qualified employees. The HR person is the first impression anyone will receive of your company. You want that to be a good one.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing with yourself for the last four years?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase in September 2016.

Interview

Four in-depth interviews with local and regional managers. Very professional and thorough, including an online assessment questionnaire. The last interview required studying research from their website and developing a PowerPoint presentation that you deliver to 3 managers. It is not a short process and it a bit frustrating and time consuming. But they are friendly and it's a large manufacturer with a good reputation.

Interview Questions

• What background experience would you apply to this position?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a relationship chart that shows contacts and how many years you've known them?   Answer Question