Steelcase Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

83 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steelcase (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. It was just a 30 minute interview over the phone that was entirely behavioral questions. The interviews seemed very positive and the whole experience was actually very enjoyable (rare to see interview process). At the end of the day though don’t waste your time. I was promised that I would be receiving a phone call in a few weeks time and to be patient. It is now several months later and this company doesn’t even have the common decency to send a lousy computer generated email saying “sorry you didn’t get the position.”

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had two things you needed to get done and you could only get to one of them in that given day.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

This interview was a 2 step process: 1st in-person interview and 2nd over the phone test of customer service skills. At the end of phone test, I was told I would hear back within 1 or 2 days. After about a day and a half, I received an email asking when I would be available to catch up with the recruiter I went through. During this phone call, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you had to work in a group and you had to step up to a leadership role?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Interview

Invited to come in for the day. given a tour of the building and then ate lunch with the team. then had 4- 30 minute interviews after the lunch. Very fit and behavioral questions. some brainteasers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? time you worked on a team? time you failed?   Answer Question

Product Data Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase.

Interview

Process was simple got in through a recruiter quick phone interview and then met with three hiring managers. Lasted an hour mostly basic personality based questions. I didn't love interviewing with three people at once. They did not give me or the recruiter any feedback on my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had conflict with a co worker or a group project member   Answer Question

Welder Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steelcase.

Interview

I was asked about my employment history, which was honestly pretty minimal. Then we talked about my future plans. I mean I'd like to own the company some day. That would be amazing.

Interview Questions

• What are your future plans?   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I interviewed at Steelcase in July 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an interview pretty quickly after applying online. However, as I arrived for the interview, I realized right away that I was just a "filler" candidate and the woman interviewing seemed unhappy and slightly disrespectful. I had the feeling she didn't want to interview me, but was supposed to. I still admire Steelcase as a company, however, I wish they would interview people they were only *truly* serious about -- because for both parties -- it is not a good use of time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Steelcase.

Interview

Team interviews. You got interviewed by manager and people you would possibly be working with. Since they were not professional HR people they used a list of assigned questions (good)

Proposal Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steelcase in May 2017.

Interview

Prepare to be ghosted. The initial interview process went fairly steadily and quickly, with contact maintained between the HR representative and myself with regularity- even in off-hours. I was one of the final three candidates, and went to the headquarters in Grand Rapids to meet with 4 team members in a total 2 hour interview with 2 separate groups: one person on location, and one phoning in from the office in Mexico.

I appreciated the process-oriented approach they took with questioning, and enjoyed the people that I met. However, it has been nearly complete radio silence from the company ever since (5 weeks later), with only one of my emails being returned with only a mention that a response would be forthcoming on Monday (2 weeks ago). I have been told nothing as to hiring status, or even told that I (clearly) did not get the position.

Not being the chosen candidate is expected during any job search, but to be completely blown off, and not receiving feedback whatsoever is completely unprofessional and unacceptable.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker and how you solved the issue.   Answer Question

Innovation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

applied via their company postings. Had a followup interview with the HR recruiter. Then had a 1 hr intterview with 2 of the team memebers. did not make it to the 3rd half day interview

Interview Questions

• name 3 people you have influenced through your past work.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steelcase.

Interview

So far I have only been for a first round, in person interview. It was relatively basic but pleasant. They asked about my experience and to tell them about myself, they were very patient with all my questions and seemed genuinely interested in learning more about me.

Interview Questions

• What are two good qualities and two bad qualities about yourself?   Answer Question