Steelcase Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Steelcase Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Steelcase.

Interview

Team interviews. You got interviewed by manager and people you would possibly be working with. Since they were not professional HR people they used a list of assigned questions (good)

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steelcase.

Interview

So far I have only been for a first round, in person interview. It was relatively basic but pleasant. They asked about my experience and to tell them about myself, they were very patient with all my questions and seemed genuinely interested in learning more about me.

Interview Questions

• What are two good qualities and two bad qualities about yourself?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Steelcase hires contractors through a staffing agency called Experis. They began with a pre-screen and I made it to the first phase of interview process. I was very comfortable during the process and they were very accommodating with my schedule, which was a huge bonus.

Interview Questions

• What would you be if you had to represent yourself with a brand name?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was comfortable yet challenging at the same time. The interviewer was very friendly and asked interesting questions about both your work style and your personality. Overall great experience.

Senior Software Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

First was phone interview with HR, second phone interview was with hiring manager and one team member, third interview was at Steelcase headquarter in Grand Rapids, MI.
    In headquarter, first met with Business Partner, Human Resources, HR Business Partner person for 30 minutes, very nice person, chat was normal HR questions and building visit and how teams are working here.

After Business Partner, Human Resources, HR Business Partner person, met with Software QA team which has 6 members, two of them joined from Mexico over video.

Team was very friendly I didn't feel at all that I am here for an interview but was feeling like I am here for a friendly chat. Only one thing surprised me and that was "all questions were printed and distributed among team members" and members were asking me one by one from that printed sheet.

After team, met with QA director, another friendly person, explained me everything and asked me few questions like why Steelcase, what I am looking for etc.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you think will be challenging for you in this position?
      2. Tell us about how you would conduct this research project from beginning to end
      3. Why do you want to work for Steelcase?
      4. If your interview yourself, what question you will ask right now which we haven't ask?
      5. How you handle the situation if your team member is not performing as expected.
      6. introduce yourself
      7. If you miss target date, what would you do?
      8. If you have one duck of horse size and 100 horses for duck size, you will fight to which?
      9. Difference between Test Plan and Test Strategy
      10. Are you happy with your current management and working environment
      11. Do you know about integration testing?
      12. Have you work on a project where more than one product managers are?

That's all I remember
      1 Answer

PD&L Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase.

Interview

Interview process was fast and enjoyable. I applied online and got scheduled for two interviews with engineers on the PD&L team over a web call. I received an offer shortly after.

Zone Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Steelcase (Puyallup, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

A phone interview with a recruiter in Wisconsin which covered past work experience, life experience and behavioral questions. Then an assessment test and finally an in person interview with the General Manager and Supervisor (who both seemed very indifferent) which was just behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when technology failed you at work.   Answer Question

Zone Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hazleton, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase (Hazleton, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

there was no formal process, I had to ask about the position daily to finally get an answer after over a month.. The management wanted to use a less qualified applicant to avoid answering my questions. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What was my personal thoughts on my ability to do the zone leader role   Answer Question

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Steelcase in October 2016.

Interview

I only had an initial phone interview with the HR recruiter, since I was applying from long distance. It did not go well. The HR rep was rude and asked insinuating questions. It did not give me a very good impression of the corporate culture and I'm thankful It didn't go any further. Companies think it's acceptable to treat potential job candidates like garbage, since you need them more than they need you. However, this kind of logic fails to consider that one bad review on a site like this may in the future cost you hundreds of qualified employees. The HR person is the first impression anyone will receive of your company. You want that to be a good one.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing with yourself for the last four years?   1 Answer

Logistics Interview

Interview

I drive to the business HQ in Grand Rapids. I was interviewed by two of the managers in logistics who asked me about my skills, interests and experience. They reimbursed me for gas and such and everyone was very nice. Very relaxed interview