Steelcase Interview Questions in Michigan | Glassdoor

Steelcase Interview Questions in Michigan

Interviews at Steelcase

Second Shift Zone Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI) in December 2019.

Interview

began ok, then went horribly; HR canceled first interview evening before it was scheduled by sending email after hours (no phone call). Then rescheduled, but hiring manager had wrong time for the interview and declined to interview as he had wrong time and I was early. He never came to door and opened it. As you stand outside a locked door in the wind, you are to call a hiring manager on your cell who tells you you're late and there wont be an interview but in fact you are early. Even though you drove 2 hours for the interview the week of Christmas, it matters not. His erroneous calendar trumps your organizational skills and punctuality. Interview declined. All this after a personality assessment and a phone screen. Stay clear of this if your time means something to you.

Interview Questions

Steelcase Response

Jan 6, 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

First of all, thank you for the feedback. I am very disappointed to learn that you had such a negative experience. Our goal is to make these processes as smooth and as candidate friendly as possible. In this case, it appears that we fell short of that goal. Learning from feedback like this is one of the best ways for us to improve so we really appreciate you taking the time.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2019.

Interview

Took about 6 weeks to interview, interviewed with 13 different people, 2 phone interviews and then a couple of group panel interviews. In person interview took 4 hours discussing skills and answering various questions on how I would approach situations. Felt I had a good shot with my degree and experience but got rejected for a internal candidate, complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with being interrupted on the job consistently by a coworker with questions?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2019.

Interview

unnecessarily long, you will regret it half way through. If you get to the final interview you will be "targeted" not joking that is what they call it and that is what it is. There will be behavioral type questions coming from a panel of people, you are expected to deliver a presentation. YOU WILL FEEL like you are in a nightmare. It will make you wonder what it is like to work here. Half way through process way before the final interview, you will wish you never applied. However you will have invested too much time to stop now. YOU WILL NEVER get the same information from the people you talk to. They will all give you different information on easy questions such as; your territory, amount of travel, and processes. Expect to wait weeks between your interviews. By far the worst interview process I have ever seen.

Interview Questions

• name a time there was a conflict at work and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Steelcase Response

Jun 4, 2019 – Head of Talent Acquisition

First of all, thank you for sharing your feedback. We strive to ensure that all of our candidates have a positive experience when going through our interview process. It appears that we did not come through in this case and we hate to hear that you were disappointed. It is through this type of feedback that we can work to be better so your input is appreciated.

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2019.

Interview

I go to school out of town so I did my interview over Skype. Wasn't too tough; they went through the S.T.A.R. method of interviewing. Overall the experience was fine, I'm glad they gave me the opportunity to practice my interviewing skills.

Interview Questions

• A time that you were in a group and something went wrong and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Product Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process is long but very in depth and the HR team does a good job of making sure that you are a good fit for the team and company culture.

I was contacted shortly after submitting my resume for a phone interview with a member of HR just to answer some general qualification questions. Afterwards I interviewed via phone with the hiring manager. After the first two phone interviews I was asked to meet in person with the hiring manager and potential coworkers. There was one more round of interviews after that but I was not selected to continue.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about previous experience and how it relates to the current position. They did not seem like they wanted to have to do too much in-depth training with a new hire. Someone who proves that they can hit the ground running would be successful with this company.   Answer Question

Associate Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Caledonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Steelcase (Caledonia, MI) in October 2018.

Interview

One online interview followed by two in person interviews, both with four different people. Was intimidating to be interviewed by four people at once, but they were great about it, and gave plenty of time to think on and answer questions. First interview was more behavioral based. The second was more focused on degree and job specific questions

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with someone you didn't like, and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What is one skill you would like to improve on and why?   Answer Question
    • What is something you don't enjoy doing that you might have to do in this job? How will you handle it if you have to do that thing?   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Phone screening, followed by on site interview with team leader, then a 3 hr on site interview with multiple team members, and another 30 min on site interview with another team leader.

Proposal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Interview

Started with a phone interview with an outsourced HR person and then had a phone interview with the manager. From there I had three 60 minute in-person interviews with various team members.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of situational questions.   1 Answer

Materials Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Steelcase (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2018.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my school's career fair and she passed my information down and the managers of the Materials Management team contacted me for a phone interview. I was hired shortly after.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me any behavioral questions, but they asked me how good I was at excel and why I chose supply chain as my major. They asked a lot about my experiences that were on my resume.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Steelcase (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

I was invited to interview on campus after a career fair. I interviewed with one HR person and one IT person. The HR guy asked pretty standard questions while the IT guy gave me much tougher behavior questions. He asked a lot about projects I've done in my programming classes. Programming isn't something that is a main focus in my studies so I was not as prepared for that. I thought they would have asked more about SAP but they didn't much. I would recommend preparing answers that you can talk about your technical skills. Make sure you know coding and SAP. Be able to speak about the projects you've worked on.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a client that is unhappy about a code that you wrote?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • What was your favorite project in your application development (programming) class?   Answer Question