Stein Mart Department Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Stein Mart

1.5

Department Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surprise, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Surprise, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard, the assistant manager I interviewed with was very nice. She seemed genuinely excited to have me there. We spoke for about an hour (I had worked for the company 12 years prior) so she spent a lot of time talking about what has changed. She than walked me around the store and to the department's I would be managing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, corporate sets the limits. But I was able to get an idea of pay through glass door and it was right on so corporate at least is consistent. Pay is much lower though than other retailers but a solid company with good growth potential.

Other Interview Reviews for Stein Mart

Department Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Huntsville, AL) in December 2013.

Interview

Interviews are short and are not very detailed. The avg interview time is 15 to 20 min. My interview was about 10 min. There was not really much to it other than a description of job applied for and what they will pay. I interviewed and was hired within 4 days of applying.

Negotiation

Not really negotiable.