Stein Mart Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Stein Mart

2.2

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Spring, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online & got a phone call a few days later. It was one interview with the general manager of the store & she asked a series of questions & how much I was asking for to get paid & what work experiences I previously had.

Interview Questions

• Can you work in a fast paced environment?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Stein Mart

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stein Mart (New York, NY).

Interview

Told head cashier I was here for interview, went up stair and was greeted my hiring manager he was super nice. Just asked how I came about stein mart had small talk it just flowed. Asked about my last job why I resigned and said he could tell I had great customer service by the situation I described. Wanted to hire me and even did a background check while I was there.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to sale credit cards
      How did you handle that situation ( previous job)
      What do you no about stein mart   Answer Question

Cashier Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stein Mart in August 2017.

Interview

It was really brief and I thought they were going to hire me but then the said they would give me a call back first again . It sucked all in all. Thanks

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Stafford, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I was excited to work here. The manager asked me to come in at a certain hour, but arrived late. My first impression of her was that she wasn't organized.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Palm Harbor, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

Veyr quick hiring process, easy basic interviewing questions. Worked as a part time cashier and credit card sales associate. Pushing the credit cards were the harder of the two, even with my sales background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Chino Hills, CA).

Interview

The person who interviewed me (name and title withheld due to site guidelines) is a complete narcissist not to mention highly unprofessional. Her office is plastered with pictures of herself everywhere. She is condescending and rude. She needs a major attitude adjustment. I was offered a position but I walked out of there and never looked back. I couldn't imagine suffering the likes of her on a long-term basis.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult interview questions, per se, just be prepared to encounter a very difficult, unexpected "personality".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Monroe, LA) in April 2011.

Interview

Received a call from the store manager to schedule an interview. I was informed that it was only a part time position with no chance of full time. It was a one on one interview, very relaxed. We went over the details of the job (duties, hours, expected behavior/demeanor, dress code).

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any difficult questions. Why do you want to work here (It's a nice store, the other associates seem friendly and interested in what they're doing, I've done retail before, etc)   Answer Question