Stein Mart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Stein Mart Interview Questions

Interviews at Stein Mart

1.8

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied almost 8 months prior to them calling me for an interview. An interview was set up right away. At the time I lived out of the city and they offered to put me in a hotel for the night before. The actual interview process took about 1.5 hours.

Merchandise Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

It was an easy interview. I mean it is retail, and some companies might act like they ask tough questions, but they definitely do not. It is such a joke.

Merchandise Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stein Mart (College Station, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I did my application 2 weeks ago and got a call Wednesday for a interview on Thursday or Friday i pick Friday because i wanted a day to prepare. So today is Friday. When i got to the store it was pretty busy at the register so i was told to wait. Anyway after the guy finished we went to the back i didnt think he was the store manager and would be interviewing me but i was happy because he seem like a nice person. So he asked about my work history no behavior questions which i was thankful for they make me nervous lol. But the interview was great he just wanted to know about my customer service experience. I actually believe he could tell how passionate I am about customer service. But he gave me a job offer after the talk. I just have to wait on the background check now.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Columbia, SC) in February 2012.

Interview

Unprofessional. The senior mgr took phone calls during the interview and kept checking her phone. She also left the door open so employees kept popping in to ask questions. The assistant mgr came in and sat down and then the two of them started a conversation that didn't involve me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered a salary and accepted. The next day I got a call and was told I was offered too much.

Merchandise Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process took two hours. I interviewed with the ASM and then soon after I interviewed with the store manager. It was great both employees were a great example of the level of professionalism and both expressed their passion for making sure the work environment is a healthy place.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

Submitted resume at company website and on job search engine. Called location a week after submitting and told Store Manager was on vacation and he would review resume when he got back. Called again at the end of the second week spoke to Store Manager and set up interview date.

Interview Questions

• Sorry, can't remember questions. Only remember they were not that difficult and I think with my extensive background I was pretty confident that I had the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiating. Manager said although salary was low company is a great place to work. I was on my last unemployment check so I needed to take the job at the time.

Merchandise Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

The manager showed up late from her lunch and I could tell she forgot about the Interview. She hadn't even looked at my resume and complained that she wanted someone with more experience even though I had a degree and plenty of retail experience. At the end she said she liked my personality but that she wanted someone with more experience. So why call and waste my time? Later she said she was going to do a back round check and get back to me, haven't heard from her since.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Memphis, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two different store managers and the district manager, I was passed over but they called a week later to say they wanted me for another location. I was offered the position over the phone. The money wasn't what I wanted but the location that was hiring me was a less profitable store. They said they did a background check, but I was never drug tested.

Interview Questions

• What kind of leadership skills do you use to motivate others?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Canton, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

typical questions. was asked previous exp, was I willing to work weekends.have I ever worked in a stock room. do I know how to use a computer. and what did I think of the store when I walked in.

Interview Questions

• past history of employers, and where you want to go with this position.   1 Answer

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Poway, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I showed up and was hired on the spot. I went and started processing merchandise that day. I was told it was not permanent. It was just for the season. I stated for $9 a hour