Stein Mart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Stein Mart

1.8

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Monroe, LA) in September 2013.

Interview

No interview. Got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not spoken.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2009.

Interview

Great ppl to meet and work with..

Interview Questions

• Do you shop at Stein Mart?   1 Answer
    • Can you work on anything that comes upon even it is not not speciality?   1 Answer

Negotiation

to many direction from too many managers

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Department Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surprise, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Surprise, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard, the assistant manager I interviewed with was very nice. She seemed genuinely excited to have me there. We spoke for about an hour (I had worked for the company 12 years prior) so she spent a lot of time talking about what has changed. She than walked me around the store and to the department's I would be managing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, corporate sets the limits. But I was able to get an idea of pay through glass door and it was right on so corporate at least is consistent. Pay is much lower though than other retailers but a solid company with good growth potential.

Department Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Huntsville, AL) in December 2013.

Interview

Interviews are short and are not very detailed. The avg interview time is 15 to 20 min. My interview was about 10 min. There was not really much to it other than a description of job applied for and what they will pay. I interviewed and was hired within 4 days of applying.

Negotiation

Not really negotiable.

Department Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stein Mart in August 2016.

Interview

Short. Took one week. Easy and relaxed. Walked in and asked for a job basically. Made interview for following week with general manager. Very personable talked a lot about other topics as well as the job.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Charlotte, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was a long process, mainly because I lived out of state. I interviewed with the district manager first for what I thought was a assistant mangers position. I received a phone call from the store manager to do a phone interview for a department manager position. Then I interviewed in person with the store. After three interviews I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate? What are your strengths and weakness?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. It lasted about 20 minutes. They ask questions about your last job and what your likes and dislikes were about the job. I was hired the next day.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Richmond, VA).

Interview

I walked in to the store with a resume and cover letter and asked to see the manager. The cashier called him up to the front and I told him why I was there. He ushered me into his office and talked with me briefly about my experience. I thanked him for his time, left, and dropped a thank-you note off the next day. I got a call for an interview, which was very simple. No unexpected questions, very general.

Interview Questions

Offered pay was too low for my experience.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

First interviewed with the assistant manager who was very nice and someone who seemed to genuinely care. Next met with the store manager who started paper work and got me working the same day.

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

They call to make appointment and go to interview and got hire in the spot. They do have wonderful medical, Dental, vision also they have retirement Benefits. They also test all of us to take the test for accuracy on Data Entry, alpha/numeral filing, and process pay roll, copy, A/R, A/P