Stein Mart Interview Questions in Jacksonville, FL | Glassdoor

2.3

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Steinmart starts off with 2 phone interviews followed up with an on site meeting with the merchandising team.

In preparation for the interviews, I researched the company, the financials and other related materials to show the value I could bring to driving their categories. Steinmart's Vision and Mssion statements stands for respect and collaboration. As a Category Manager and Buyer for 2 respected retailers, I was excited to join Steinmart.

Off the bat, the intimate apparel manager implied that I did not know what I was doing or had the business experience because I was coming from a different industry. Imagine a woman walking into an auto parts store being stared down with the look asking "what does a woman know about fixing cars?"

In spite of me explaining how I have consistently turned around a number of under performing categories by taking a customer centric approach and using factual data to anticipate trends to bring differentiated, unique product to market; I was talking to a wall.

On top of that, she displayed poor manners and did not seem interested in showing respect for others.

I withdrew from the process. Why inject myself with egos or threatened people who are distracted from bringing out the best in others to build a healthy business that brings buyers together with sellers?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Beyond that, the interviewer talked about the company in general.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I stopped in the store and turned in an application. A couple of days later I was called in for an interview. I interviewed with the manager of the ladies dept. and was offered a part-time position on the spot. More recently, we have told people who come in asking about employment to go to our website and fill out an application online. From there we'll be able to view your application, and if we're interested, you'll be invited to interview with our assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• I find the hardest question that is asked is to list 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses.   Answer Question

Data Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview with two data systems managers. I didn't really want to work for a discount retailer due to some horror stories I heard. It was not a very technical interview as the two from SteinMart were managers and not very technically keen. I expected much, much more. I think they hired me because I seemed NOT to want the job!

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2009.

Interview

Great ppl to meet and work with..

Interview Questions

• Do you shop at Stein Mart?   1 Answer
    • Can you work on anything that comes upon even it is not not speciality?   1 Answer

Negotiation

to many direction from too many managers