Stein Mart Merchandise Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Stein Mart

1.0

Merchandise Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stein Mart (College Station, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I did my application 2 weeks ago and got a call Wednesday for a interview on Thursday or Friday i pick Friday because i wanted a day to prepare. So today is Friday. When i got to the store it was pretty busy at the register so i was told to wait. Anyway after the guy finished we went to the back i didnt think he was the store manager and would be interviewing me but i was happy because he seem like a nice person. So he asked about my work history no behavior questions which i was thankful for they make me nervous lol. But the interview was great he just wanted to know about my customer service experience. I actually believe he could tell how passionate I am about customer service. But he gave me a job offer after the talk. I just have to wait on the background check now.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stein Mart

Merchandise Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

It was an easy interview. I mean it is retail, and some companies might act like they ask tough questions, but they definitely do not. It is such a joke.

Merchandising Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stein Mart in June 2008.

Interview

I applied for the position online and decided to followup in person. I'm glad I did, because they had no idea of my online application. I asked for and received an interview time within a week. I showed up on time, dressed with a hard copy of my resume & some notes. The store manager interviewed me in a friendly and open manner for approximately 45 minutes. I felt confident that I could handle the job and was also made to feel confident that I could be promoted to future positions within the corporate structure. I went home and received a call offering me the position that same afternoon. I started working in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• It's been three years since this interview took place. The most difficult question that I can remember was: Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The only thing I was able to negotiate was the low end of my pay. My minimum hourly wage was ten dollars and I wouldn't budge.