Stein Mart Merchandising Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stein Mart Merchandising Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Stein Mart

2.1

Merchandise Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

The manager showed up late from her lunch and I could tell she forgot about the Interview. She hadn't even looked at my resume and complained that she wanted someone with more experience even though I had a degree and plenty of retail experience. At the end she said she liked my personality but that she wanted someone with more experience. So why call and waste my time? Later she said she was going to do a back round check and get back to me, haven't heard from her since.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stein Mart

Merchandise Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

Submitted resume at company website and on job search engine. Called location a week after submitting and told Store Manager was on vacation and he would review resume when he got back. Called again at the end of the second week spoke to Store Manager and set up interview date.

Interview Questions

• Sorry, can't remember questions. Only remember they were not that difficult and I think with my extensive background I was pretty confident that I had the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiating. Manager said although salary was low company is a great place to work. I was on my last unemployment check so I needed to take the job at the time.

Merchandise Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process took two hours. I interviewed with the ASM and then soon after I interviewed with the store manager. It was great both employees were a great example of the level of professionalism and both expressed their passion for making sure the work environment is a healthy place.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Columbia, SC) in February 2012.

Interview

Unprofessional. The senior mgr took phone calls during the interview and kept checking her phone. She also left the door open so employees kept popping in to ask questions. The assistant mgr came in and sat down and then the two of them started a conversation that didn't involve me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered a salary and accepted. The next day I got a call and was told I was offered too much.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Memphis, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two different store managers and the district manager, I was passed over but they called a week later to say they wanted me for another location. I was offered the position over the phone. The money wasn't what I wanted but the location that was hiring me was a less profitable store. They said they did a background check, but I was never drug tested.

Interview Questions

• What kind of leadership skills do you use to motivate others?   Answer Question

Merchandising Manager Interview

Interview

Job description was a bit deceiving from what yhe job was. Job was for a department manager,that is how it should of been advertised. Interviewer spent a lot of time watching the clock. Was not impressed.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Orlando, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

Talked to the store manager who was a male and asked several questions about my management experience and the different departments I had experience with. He also asked about my shipment experience. I am really large on top and was told by several long time employees that it helped my case in getting the position.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Austin, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview takes place in managers office, sometimes taken to the floor to explain job duties more clearly. Questioning is not set and is rather casual.
    The whole interview process takes about a week, depending on background check.
    The actual interview is only about an hour in length, you either find out then or later with a phone call if you have received the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Start higher than you think you should, they will likely start you off at the minimum for the position pay.

Merchandising Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

The entire process took forever, manager interviewing told me I would have a yes or no by the end of the week. She finally called at the end of the week to ask me to take part in a second interview. A week after that I finally had an offer. It was ridiculous.

Merchandising Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

Applied online. Took only a few days for an interview date and time to be set up. The interview was brief, not even 15 minutes but the interviewer was very kind and easy to talk to. I had a good feeling about getting it but left the store pretty sure it wouldn't be the position I signed up for. I thought I'd better ask if what I applied for was actually available and was told they don't just hire into that position which is fine but had I'd known that in the beginning, it could have saved me a lot of time. There was still hope though and couple days after the interview I received an offer.

Interview Questions

I applied for a manager position but was offered a sales associate job.