Stein Mart Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

1.7

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

The store manager asked me about my availability and when I could start, then proceeded to talk non-stop. This was the most uncomfortable interview I have ever experienced. I practically ran out of the store - I couldn't leave fast enough.

Interview Questions

• This isn't a question, but the interviewer made some extremely inappropriate and offensive comments.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stein Mart

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

Very easy. Walked in and asked if they needed part time help. They gave me an application to fill out, I did so and took it back in. The manager asked me some questions and I received an offer letter later that day.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I completed the application packet, walked into the store expecting for it to take a while to even hear back from them, but the store manager brought me in back and hired me on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Vero Beach, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Online the next day got a call to come in I spoke with the general manager after a few days she called me back to come and speak with the head manager she said I was a great get sadly tho I had to turn it down due to school

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

They asked my availability, and when I can start. He basically just described his rules for the store and asked if I can come in on time and that's about it. It was the easiest interview I've ever had. He said okay you start tomorrow. I literally got the job right then and there and just walked in and he took me to the back immediately.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I said I'm looking for an $8 hour job and he said he'll start me at $9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart in July 2016.

Interview

Very easy and relaxed experience. Asked basic questions, not too much about the job. He made sure that I understood that ALL employees do ALL jobs. Meaning that you would be cleaning bathrooms as much as selling the store's credit card at the counter.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • Can you sell the credit card?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

Quite simple actually. I found a job posting thru snagajob.com, the hiring manager at the store I applied called me and asked if I could come in for an interview, I went to scheduled appointment time for interview, asked maybe 6 questions while reviewing resume, and after I left I got a callback within a week or two.

Interview Questions

• Probably the most difficult questions I was asked, beside the basic interview questions, was what I could offer to Stein Mart that could separate me from the others.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

I was called in an was interviewed by the assistant manager.The whole thing was pretty generic. They said they'd give me a call for a second interview with the manager. She asked me similar questions, basically the same questions as the assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you in school?
      Do you plan on going to school?
      What is something that you are good at?
      Describe a situation in which you displayed (insert characteristic)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Concord, NC).

Interview

In-person interview, professional yet relaxed environment, sat down one-on-one with one of the department managers, she interviewed me asking the general questions, I answered with honesty and I received a call back with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?
      Have you worked in retail before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was quick and painless; they just wanted to see if you could communicate effectively and hold a conversation. They asked me about my previous experience and if I felt comfortable with their working conditions. It was a free flowing and relaxed interview.