Stein Mart Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stein Mart Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Stein Mart

1.7

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart (College Station, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, brought into manager's office and asked a few questions about my previous experience and how long I expected to stay. It was a college town so there was a high turnover rate; the job was pretty easy to get. They mostly just want consistent, hard-working people.

Interview Questions

• Most pretty easy, asked me where I would like to work in the store, suggested mens.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Stein Mart

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

The store manager asked me about my availability and when I could start, then proceeded to talk non-stop. This was the most uncomfortable interview I have ever experienced. I practically ran out of the store - I couldn't leave fast enough.

Interview Questions

• This isn't a question, but the interviewer made some extremely inappropriate and offensive comments.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Morrisville, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied in person on paper in July, heard back in the beginning of November. Interviewed once in person by GM and AM. Heard back within a week, started a couple weeks later after background check cleared.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my retail and customer service experience as well as availability and other obligations. Nothing out of the ordinary for a run-of-the-mill retail part-timer interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stein Mart (College Station, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

As a student looking for a part-time job, I applied to Stein Mart. It was a simple interview process where you come into the store and have your interview. Overall, since most employees are students, they want to know that you aren't the type that will call out a lot and that you work well with others.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I completed the application packet, walked into the store expecting for it to take a while to even hear back from them, but the store manager brought me in back and hired me on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

Very easy. Walked in and asked if they needed part time help. They gave me an application to fill out, I did so and took it back in. The manager asked me some questions and I received an offer letter later that day.

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Williamsburg, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

I was approached in the store as a customer to see if I was interested in a seasonal position. I was interested, so I gave them my information and received a phone call the next day to set up the interview. The interview process was very casual and relaxed. It was quick (maybe an hour max) and they were quick to follow up with an offer.
    I interviewed with three different managers all on the same day.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about my past sales experience   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

They asked my availability, and when I can start. He basically just described his rules for the store and asked if I can come in on time and that's about it. It was the easiest interview I've ever had. He said okay you start tomorrow. I literally got the job right then and there and just walked in and he took me to the back immediately.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I said I'm looking for an $8 hour job and he said he'll start me at $9

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Vero Beach, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Online the next day got a call to come in I spoke with the general manager after a few days she called me back to come and speak with the head manager she said I was a great get sadly tho I had to turn it down due to school

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart in July 2016.

Interview

Very easy and relaxed experience. Asked basic questions, not too much about the job. He made sure that I understood that ALL employees do ALL jobs. Meaning that you would be cleaning bathrooms as much as selling the store's credit card at the counter.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • Can you sell the credit card?   1 Answer