Stein Mart Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stein Mart Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

They asked my availability, and when I can start. He basically just described his rules for the store and asked if I can come in on time and that's about it. It was the easiest interview I've ever had. He said okay you start tomorrow. I literally got the job right then and there and just walked in and he took me to the back immediately.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I said I'm looking for an $8 hour job and he said he'll start me at $9

Other Interview Reviews for Stein Mart

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart in July 2016.

Interview

Very easy and relaxed experience. Asked basic questions, not too much about the job. He made sure that I understood that ALL employees do ALL jobs. Meaning that you would be cleaning bathrooms as much as selling the store's credit card at the counter.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • Can you sell the credit card?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

Quite simple actually. I found a job posting thru snagajob.com, the hiring manager at the store I applied called me and asked if I could come in for an interview, I went to scheduled appointment time for interview, asked maybe 6 questions while reviewing resume, and after I left I got a callback within a week or two.

Interview Questions

• Probably the most difficult questions I was asked, beside the basic interview questions, was what I could offer to Stein Mart that could separate me from the others.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

I was called in an was interviewed by the assistant manager.The whole thing was pretty generic. They said they'd give me a call for a second interview with the manager. She asked me similar questions, basically the same questions as the assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you in school?
      Do you plan on going to school?
      What is something that you are good at?
      Describe a situation in which you displayed (insert characteristic)?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Concord, NC).

Interview

In-person interview, professional yet relaxed environment, sat down one-on-one with one of the department managers, she interviewed me asking the general questions, I answered with honesty and I received a call back with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?
      Have you worked in retail before?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was quick and painless; they just wanted to see if you could communicate effectively and hold a conversation. They asked me about my previous experience and if I felt comfortable with their working conditions. It was a free flowing and relaxed interview.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Detroit, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied On line. Called within 15 minutes of submitting application on line. Interview was within one week. The interview was for a new store opening. I believe the interviewer was hiring as many people as he could, knowing that many people may not start, or stay around etc....

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week and a half later. I called them back and they said they wanted to set up a time for an interview. When the time came, I went in and I told the cashier up front that I was here for an interview. They called the manager up the front and we went and sat outside on a bench. She mainly told me about the company and what is expected of employees. I got an email 3 days after the interview offering me the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

After completing the interview process online for a new store in my area I received call to come into the store for an interview. The person who was interviewing me arrived a few minutes late which was aggravating since because the store was not open I was waiting outside. The interview itself was informal, especially since it was conducted on folding chairs in a building that was still under construction. After what I would rate a as a distinctly neutral interview I was told I would receive a call back within several days. I called a week later and was told to call back again several days later which I did and was again told to call back several days later. At that point I moved on.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to speak about Stein-marts history which I had not spent the time researching before hand.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Montgomery, AL) in July 2014.

Interview

It was in-person. Past personal social experiences were quite helpful. The questions were about how I would interact with other customers and how I would help out the company. They also were based on how I would perform under certain pressure in specific situations.