Stein Mart Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stein Mart Service Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Stein Mart

1.2

Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stein Mart in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a day later to schedules a interview. The interview was very easy since they were desperate for workers because it was a new store. A couple of hours later I got a call offering me a position and they ran a background check now after this is were it got weird it took FOREVER for my background check but I got called twice about the pay one manager told me 8.75 and the other told me 8.50 make sure you record any calls you receive

Other Interview Reviews for Stein Mart

Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

I arrived to the interview 10 mins early, the associate at the register called the interviewing manager, who told me shes a little behind so about 15 mins.. i then walked around the store for 30 mins and ran into the manager who goes "oh i forgot you were here" and took me to interview in the office

Interview Questions

• how comfortable are you to solicit credit   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Beachwood, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

It was brief and easy. I had one conversation with the manager and i was told "You start Tuesday.". I really don't know what else I can say about this experience. There isn't that much to talk about or write about. I hope this gives you enough words.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would sell customers on the store credit card.   Answer Question

Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stein Mart in May 2015.

Interview

Store Manager called me to come in for a interview...once there she didn't ask me standard questions. Just looked at my resume and complimented it and asked, "Did you research the company?" I said yes I always research companies i apply to. Told her that I'm interested in working in the fashion industry and wanting to be a buyer or something to do with e-commerce or merchandising. She asked what area in the store i wanted to work and hired me on the spot. Probably one of the most simplest interviews Iv'e sat in.

Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

It was the easiest interview ever. He just asked me what I did at my last job, my availability, and told me how soon he needed someone. He also asked me how I think I did at my last job. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes. It was very easy.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I filled out the application online and received a phone call for an interview a few days later. She didn't interview me at all. She just told me about the store, the positions they had available and what they did, and the hours they were looking for. She asked me which area interested me the most and what my availability was. It was kind of weird- she didn't ask me any sort of interview-esqe questions! I have no retail experience, so it was a bit of a surprise. I then filled out a form for a background check and she said that she would call me once the results came in. She called back a few days later and offered me the position in the area that expressed interest in.

Interview Questions

• No real questions, just about when I would like to work and which area I preferred.   Answer Question

Service Associate Interview

Interview

They ask a lot of questions and they make you feel like a family already. They make sure you know what you’re doing and you know the store. They were really nice about everything.