Stella & Dot Family of Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stella & Dot Family of Brands Interview Questions

Interviews at Stella & Dot Family of Brands

2.2

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Introduce yourself. Go through the JD related to your resume. How much do you know about the company? How do you go through on your current position? Describe details of something you've done. The interviewer called on time. She's nice and professional though I did't prepare well.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stella & Dot Family of Brands (San Bruno, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

I had 4 rounds of in-person interviews (in total spoke with probably 7 people individually for 30 min) over a 5 week period,and reviewed their existing program to provide some thoughts for improvement. For the most part, everyone was very nice and the interviews weren't very stressful.
    I was told I'd hear back the week between Christmas and New Year's. I heard nothing, so a week later, I emailed the hiring manager and recruiter. I never got a response and I have heard their new candidate started. All in all, I felt that this experience was extremely disorganized, and after 4 rounds would expect someone to at least tell me that they'd gone another direction. I completely understand choosing another candidate, but leaving me hanging is disrespectful.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stella & Dot Family of Brands.

Interview

Applied and got reached out by the recruiter. The recruiter was friendly and moved me to the next steps very quickly to talk to the hiring manager. Had a great conversation with the hiring manager and then had to do a long marketing campaign assignment. The assignment was very easy, just time consuming. I didn't hear back and followed up and the recruiter invited me onsite. I met 4 people on the team. They were all very nice, however I can tell there was a lot of unorganized processes and honestly they didn't seem that happy to be there. The first person I met, she has been with the company for awhile and I felt a lot of negative energy. I felt she was hinting me not to work there because there is a lot of drama, criticism, and catty people. I never heard back from the recruiter, UNPROFESSIONAL. I mean it's not that hard to tell someone their status for the interview process, takes 1 minute of your time. If you can't even do that, then you shouldn't be working.

Overall, I dodged myself a bullet. Read the reviews on here, it's all true. Go work for better companies that has potential. I don't see this company succeeding much.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with the latest trends?

How do you deal with criticism?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stella & Dot Family of Brands.

Interview

The process for interviewing with Stella & Dot was generally straightforward. Their internal recruiter was lovely and the initial interview went smoothly although it ran 10 minutes behind schedule. The second round with leadership was 15 minutes behind schedule. The call took place seemingly during this individual's commute. Questions ranged from personal to professional, though the conversation felt rushed. After reading reviews on Glassdoor, I asked a handful of questions regarding the biggest challenges associated with this role. I was told (in a political manner) that things swiftly change direction at the behest of the company president and seemingly on a whim. The rest of the discussion went as expected. I was told the internal recruiter would be in touch with next steps and that the next round would be in person. I never received further information from the recruiter with feedback, next steps or to close the loop.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

quick to setup a call with hiring manager, but day-of interview was bad news bears - very disorganized. Double booked against a candidate applying for the same position. 6 back-to-back interviews of 30 minutes each. 3 of 6 interviewers were more than 5 minutes late. I got asked the same question by 3 people that I already went through with the screener. I guess they don't share notes.

Office energy was uninspiring - seems like a bunch of clock punchers just passing time and collecting paychecks. Nobody seemed especially excited about their work.

It's been over 30 days, and repeated inquiries, but I haven't heard anything back. As a formality, any company should formally close the loop with a candidate, even if it's as simple as hitting 'reject' in jobvite.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your career history   1 Answer

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stella & Dot Family of Brands (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

There isn't any. As long as you fork over the money to pay for your website, marketing, supplies and jewelry you can become a stylist. They don't tell you honest information about the cost and actual hours needed to recoup your investment. And asking friends to have trunk parties isn't as easy as they claim either. There are so many MLMs now the market is saturated and your friends are sick of being bothered.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any. They just feed you lies about how easy it is and how you earn free Jewelry when in reality you are spending money. And they are making money of their stylist. If it were a reputable company it wouldn't be an MLM   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stella & Dot Family of Brands (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

There is no interview process. Stella & Dot offers a business in a box, direct sales opportunity. Stylists are independent contractors who own and operate their own business, set their own hours, and set their own schedules. They can choose to work part time or full time and can flex in and out between the two as they please earning as much as they want/need each month.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stella & Dot Family of Brands (South San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Casual meeting with a relaxed tone. The hiring manager was friendly and approachable. He described a pretty intense culture. Per the other reviewers, nobody on his team had been there more than 18 months.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stella & Dot Family of Brands (San Bruno, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

initial phone interview, in person meeting with hiring manager, then another round of in person meetings with several people. There was no follow up after interviews and no opportunity to ask questions. After meeting with 6 people, recruiter did not call to follow up to discuss interviews. All communication seemed to be generated from an ATS and when I responded to ask questions or to give updates on my availability to meet, i did not get a response. I received a response from the recruiter indicating they would be in touch soon with feedback from my interviews and to discuss next steps. Instead, I received a computer generated decline e-mail with typos. I do not feel this is the way to treat candidates that have come on site for many interviews. This is one of the most unprofessional, disappointing interview experiences I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you were most proud of in your previous company.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stella & Dot Family of Brands in June 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position online via their website. Received an email from the recruiter on the following day inquiring about my availability to set up time for phone call. I then provided my availability but then I didn't receive any response until later that evening from her asking (yet again) for my schedule and availability. Without confirming, I received a call from an unknown number, which turned out to be the recruiter herself (fortunately for them I wasn't busy so I was able to pick up this call). Pretty standard procedure as far as greetings are concerned, recruiter was very polite introducing herself.

Interview Questions

Their lack of organization is unfortunately noticeable based on the delay in the email responses, the sense of urgency (or perhaps desperation) to fill this role, and last but not least, the failure to follow up and confirm an actual phone interview time. Additionally, the job listing itself clearly stated that the role would be a contract position - which was a concern but I remained optimistic - but I was very surprised to find out that this role would only last no more than 3 months. I had inquired if there was a possibility a role like this would be converted - mainly because a growing company like Stella & Dot needs it - and I was gracefully disappointed to find that that wouldn't be the case for the role I applied for.

I was advised to think about the position for a while and when I would come to my decision, to let the recruiter know by the end of the week (by email) if I wanted to pursue it further or not.

It didn't take me a few days to decide, I sent her an email graciously thanking her for her time and that I no longer wanted to be considered for the role, and to wish her luck in finding the right person for the job.

I was very concerned with how everything (even down to how the role itself was temporary) panned out with this interview. That and the reviews I've read from the (non-stylist) employees were enough for me to not want to work for this company.