Stella & Dot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stella & Dot Interview Questions

2.2

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stella & Dot.

Interview

Applied and got reached out by the recruiter. The recruiter was friendly and moved me to the next steps very quickly to talk to the hiring manager. Had a great conversation with the hiring manager and then had to do a long marketing campaign assignment. The assignment was very easy, just time consuming. I didn't hear back and followed up and the recruiter invited me onsite. I met 4 people on the team. They were all very nice, however I can tell there was a lot of unorganized processes and honestly they didn't seem that happy to be there. The first person I met, she has been with the company for awhile and I felt a lot of negative energy. I felt she was hinting me not to work there because there is a lot of drama, criticism, and catty people. I never heard back from the recruiter, UNPROFESSIONAL. I mean it's not that hard to tell someone their status for the interview process, takes 1 minute of your time. If you can't even do that, then you shouldn't be working.

Overall, I dodged myself a bullet. Read the reviews on here, it's all true. Go work for better companies that has potential. I don't see this company succeeding much.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with the latest trends?

How do you deal with criticism?
      Answer Question

Independent Accessories Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stella & Dot (Chino, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

There isn't an interview process. This business is generally spread by word of mouth. My mother's co worker at the IEUA is a Stella & Dot Leader and thought that since I needed to make money and had a strong fashion sense that this job would work for me.

Interview Questions

• If they did ask me anything it would probably be: Do I enjoy fashion? And do I have customer service experience.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stella & Dot (San Bruno, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

initial phone interview, in person meeting with hiring manager, then another round of in person meetings with several people. There was no follow up after interviews and no opportunity to ask questions. After meeting with 6 people, recruiter did not call to follow up to discuss interviews. All communication seemed to be generated from an ATS and when I responded to ask questions or to give updates on my availability to meet, i did not get a response. I received a response from the recruiter indicating they would be in touch soon with feedback from my interviews and to discuss next steps. Instead, I received a computer generated decline e-mail with typos. I do not feel this is the way to treat candidates that have come on site for many interviews. This is one of the most unprofessional, disappointing interview experiences I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you were most proud of in your previous company.   Answer Question

Priduction Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stella & Dot (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Went through 2 phone interviews. The last one was with a manager. I was told they would reach back out to me to schedule an in person interview. I didn't hear back so I emailed them multiple times. I never heard back. Unprofessional, even if they did not offer the position, it's common courtesy to let a candidate know they would not be moving forward, especially if I was told they would schedule an in person interview.

Business Sales Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stella & Dot (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process went fairly well. The first phone interview was with the recruiter. Fairly simple and straight forward. The second phone interviewer was the Direct Report Manager. This interview went very well. The questions she asked were directly related to my sales management background. The third interviewer was the General Manager and went very well. She asked questions regarding my background and experience. The fourth interviewer was, who would be a new Direct Report Manager. This process all occurred within a five day period. My fourth interviewer said she would get back to me within the week as they were looking to hire quickly. They never got back to me nor did they respond to my follow-up phone calls or e-mails. Still wondering why I would be worthy of four interviews and no follow-up to tell me I was not hired for the position.....such disrespect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your sales management experience and how this experience would help you achieve the goals of this position?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stella & Dot.

Interview

The process for interviewing with Stella & Dot was generally straightforward. Their internal recruiter was lovely and the initial interview went smoothly although it ran 10 minutes behind schedule. The second round with leadership was 15 minutes behind schedule. The call took place seemingly during this individual's commute. Questions ranged from personal to professional, though the conversation felt rushed. After reading reviews on Glassdoor, I asked a handful of questions regarding the biggest challenges associated with this role. I was told (in a political manner) that things swiftly change direction at the behest of the company president and seemingly on a whim. The rest of the discussion went as expected. I was told the internal recruiter would be in touch with next steps and that the next round would be in person. I never received further information from the recruiter with feedback, next steps or to close the loop.

Product Department Interview

Interview

I had two phone interviews with the company. They asked lots of question around ideas to improve the product. The Manager said the recruiter will contact soon but the recruiter never even followed up. Overall, I had a very bad experience.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stella & Dot (San Bruno, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The Interview Process was straight forward and fairly short. One phone interview with the recruiter and one on-site interview with 4 different employees.
    Everybody was really nice. Nobody was really respecting the business casual dress code. Just dress on trend and you'll be fine. Wear Stella & Dot or Keep Collective accessories to score bonus points.
    I know it's longer if there is a visa application or transfer involved. Their HR team is not really used to that process.

Interview Questions

• The usual:
      - Why do you want to leave your company?
      - Why do you think you would be right for that role?
      - What are your main strengths and weaknesses?
      - You have a new project: what are the different steps to make it happen?
      - How do you know the brand? Did you attend a Trunk Show? Are you a Stylist?
      - What is a Trunk Show?
      Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

quick to setup a call with hiring manager, but day-of interview was bad news bears - very disorganized. Double booked against a candidate applying for the same position. 6 back-to-back interviews of 30 minutes each. 3 of 6 interviewers were more than 5 minutes late. I got asked the same question by 3 people that I already went through with the screener. I guess they don't share notes.

Office energy was uninspiring - seems like a bunch of clock punchers just passing time and collecting paychecks. Nobody seemed especially excited about their work.

It's been over 30 days, and repeated inquiries, but I haven't heard anything back. As a formality, any company should formally close the loop with a candidate, even if it's as simple as hitting 'reject' in jobvite.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your career history   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stella & Dot in June 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position online via their website. Received an email from the recruiter on the following day inquiring about my availability to set up time for phone call. I then provided my availability but then I didn't receive any response until later that evening from her asking (yet again) for my schedule and availability. Without confirming, I received a call from an unknown number, which turned out to be the recruiter herself (fortunately for them I wasn't busy so I was able to pick up this call). Pretty standard procedure as far as greetings are concerned, recruiter was very polite introducing herself.

Interview Questions

Their lack of organization is unfortunately noticeable based on the delay in the email responses, the sense of urgency (or perhaps desperation) to fill this role, and last but not least, the failure to follow up and confirm an actual phone interview time. Additionally, the job listing itself clearly stated that the role would be a contract position - which was a concern but I remained optimistic - but I was very surprised to find out that this role would only last no more than 3 months. I had inquired if there was a possibility a role like this would be converted - mainly because a growing company like Stella & Dot needs it - and I was gracefully disappointed to find that that wouldn't be the case for the role I applied for.

I was advised to think about the position for a while and when I would come to my decision, to let the recruiter know by the end of the week (by email) if I wanted to pursue it further or not.

It didn't take me a few days to decide, I sent her an email graciously thanking her for her time and that I no longer wanted to be considered for the role, and to wish her luck in finding the right person for the job.

I was very concerned with how everything (even down to how the role itself was temporary) panned out with this interview. That and the reviews I've read from the (non-stylist) employees were enough for me to not want to work for this company.