Stephens Analyst (Investment Banking) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

2.5

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stephens (Fayetteville, AR) in September 2017.

Interview

It was 3 interviewers and me. Took about 20 minutes. Basically behavioral questions about your resume.
It is important to show your interest in investment banking. Finance intern experience is helpful for you.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stephens

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stephens (Little Rock, AR) in September 2017.

Interview

First round phone screening, asked some technical questions. Second round was on campus and was behavioral, but I know some people had technical there as well. Superday was at their headquarters in Little Rock, even if thats not the office you say you want everyone interviews there. They take you out to drinks the night before to prove that you are not a socially awkward tool and then early the next morning (7am) you have 9 back-to-back 30 minute interviews that are a mix of technical and behavioral. Whole process was over by 1pm. Got a call that night to extend the offer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF, when would you use EV/Revenue, Case study, a one time write-off question, other basic technicals you should know already   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stephens in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through college career service, and then I had the first round interview on campus, which was all behavior questions because I don't come from a finance background. I haven't heard back from them yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stephens (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a first-round phone screen that was pretty standard with some qualitative questions and asking about prior work experience and some technical questions too. I thought the interview was pretty fair and standard for a first-round interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are some of the different ways that you can value a company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stephens (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on campus. Typical first round IB interview. No technical, all behavioral and fit questions. Enjoyed the interview and speaking with the person. Very nice guy. Could tell he was testing me from the moment I walked in the door though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stephens (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I had two first round phone calls. Questions were straightforward and easy. I answered all technicals correct but didn't get invited to the final round. Pretty sure I had more technical knowledge than the two Analysts that interviewed me. They both had been with the firm for less than four months.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stephens in September 2016.

Interview

Typical investment banking first round interview followed by Super Saturday. First round interview was basic fit and behavioral questions. Interviewed on campus and Super Day is in Little Rock at main office. 2 on 1 interview. Stephens cares very much about fit first and technical knowledge and expertise second. Also a pre-interview dinner before super day.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stephens in September 2016.

Interview

30 minute "get to know ya" kinda interview. My resume kinda walked me into some technicals but if you know what a DCF is you should be ok. No tricky accounting type stuff.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about XYZ on your resume here", "What was this experience like", "why IB?", "Why stephens"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stephens (Little Rock, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

Two-on-one on campus interview. This was followed by an invitation to Super Saturday at their Little Rock office. Interview was pretty straight forward. Asked me to describe myself to them, then I walked them through my resume. Finished up with some technical questions regarding the DCF process, etc. They told me the selection process would take a few weeks. After two weeks, still haven't heard back, but talked to other candidates who were inited to Super Saturday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would value a business using a DCF analysis.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stephens in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my college's recruiting system, and I got an on-campus interview after a week. The interview question are all about the behaviours questions. They asked me to go through my resume, and jump in when they have questions.