Steria Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Steria Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.9

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Steria.

Interview

I got to know about it through linkedin. Applied online and got a phone screening interview few weeks later. She basically asked me about my interest in software engineering. I talked about my background in programming and shared my passion in mobile app development and backend development.I got to know about it through linkedin. Applied online and got a phone screening interview few weeks later.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steria (Noida (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through on campus drive in 2016. There are basically 5 rounds .
    First round is technical round .
    Second round is also a technical round based on flow chats and conditions on algorithm. This is a unique and amazing round.
    Gd round --not conducted
    Hr round -- basic hr questions .basically hr fill up your form in this.
    After this I went to their noida branch for final round.
    This is final round .--
    It may hr round or technical round based on your luck .
    I went to hr panel .silly questions were asked .
    They did not know anything about technical .
    Questions were from projects and key competency .but coding ,DBMS ,c is very common questions (asked from my friends). But they didn't ask me .
    Only Good communication skills is important.

Interview Questions

• Why did I use java instead of c++ in jsp pages?   1 Answer
    • Detailed project description   1 Answer

Bid Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steria (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Initial interview was with with sales person and senior bid manager. General questions, requiring supported responses. Second interview with line manager and HR, some focus on testing understanding of Steria and its service offerings within a specific market. .
    Stream line process and relaxed. Delay in sending out written offer due to internal processes. Had to be prompted to outline benefits package.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steria (Chennai (India)).

Interview

It was an on campus interview for our college.The first round was a tech cum apps written test.it lasted for 50 mins with 50 questions.The question paper was divided into two sections aptitude and technical.Aptitude consisted general topics like numerical
    series,average,ages,probability ,time and distance , syllogism,simple and compound interest and logical reasoning questions.For preparing for this R.S.agarwal is enough.
    Technical consisted of c,c++,dbms questions.more preference was given to dbms only.Luckily I cleared the first round.
    2nd round: group discussion
    Out of 85students appeared 24 was shortlisted for gd.it was divided into 2 groups 12 in each. The main criteria noted was your fluency, expressing skills ,attitude,and proper content.12 were selected in the gd.
    3rd round: personal hr round
    The hr was very friendly with us.first she asked about tell me about yourself for testing our confidence and attitude.Then she asked about general questions like why you choose steria,what do you expect from company ,etc.Always answer with a positive attitude because thats what they expect.Finally she asked about positive and negatives and about extra curricular skills as I was a website developer she asked me to create a website for her.It was really fun actually. Eventually I cleared this round.
    Final round:Technical hr
    Out of 12,10 appeared for this round. The next day they called us for the interview in their office campus itself. This round was actually tough.They drilled about datastructures, java,DBMS.The hr told me to write an SQL query.Nothing deep general dml and ddl statements only.so be clear and thorough with that. Then he asked about my project and told to explain about my job in that project.i.e what role I have played for building it and technical aspects associated with it.so choose your projects wisely and be thorough with it from top to bottom.
    All rounds were over and we were waiting for the results. Out of 10,8 people were selected and it was a proud moment seeing my name in the selected candidates list.
    It was a wonderful feeling and you should definitely experience that special moment in your life.
    Hope you give your best☺

Interview Questions

• Write a.SQL.query for selecting the second top most salary of an employee from employee table.   2 Answers

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steria (Noida (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

The Process took a day consist of aptitude round then two technical rounds and Hr round. Every round is not too difficult but not easy also. But their in steria Noida some backdoor entry through HR Team was done and i had cleared all the rounds they told me they will tell me on upcoming Thursday regarding offer letter and joining letter. till today that Thursday had not came and after 2 weeks i had gone there and asked one of he Hr Team members they told me Hiring Has been Freeze right now we will consider you for further openings

Interview Questions

• they simply asked about projects and some basics programs   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steria in April 2015.

Interview

The Questions were really good and was hopeful of a securing a job. Not sure what was teh stumbling block in me in getting the right seat there. The interview was more into teh current work that you handle and how good are you in managing teh team. Was more into Team Management aspect and risk Management

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steria.

Interview

It was a 4 step process consisting of 1 aptitude + technical test followed by HR interview then Technical interview and then Final interview.
    Aptitude test consisted of simple problems on time and distance, averages, etc
    HR round was for checking the flexibility of working in shifts, future goals etc
    Technical interview consisted of questions from Software Engineering, SQL, DBMS, Analytics(Basic questions ), CPP , data structure concepts

Interview Questions

• Do you think you have a really good cgpa? are you satisfied with that?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steria.

Interview

Test containing aptitude, operating systems and DBMS questions, followed by Group Discussion. Then HR and technical rounds. Company is totally for women, no much development skills required as hiring process not concerned about it. Don't be late for 1sec even during hiring process otherwise like schools you may get harsh words to hear from HR of recruitment team. GD topic is easy but your performance may not count for your shortlisting.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steria in December 2014.

Interview

The process was quite smooth.I went through a pool campus drive at a college in Greater Noida.
    There were 5 rounds in all.This drive was for software testing domain.The first round consisted of written aptitude+technical test.There were questions from dbms,os,networks and aptitude.The cut off was quite high,but i cleared it.Then,second round was GD and topics given were very general.
    The third round was a HR interview,she asked me very general ques. of hr and emphaised why i was intrested in testing,Then,the last two rounds took place at the company itself.The rounds consisted of hr and managerial round.Questions were asked from basic testing and hr questions.I cleared all rounds and thus accepted the offer too!!

Interview Questions

• There were no as such difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No,I didn't negotiated on salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steria (Noida (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

On Campus recruitment drive. 5 rounds written , gd, hr, tech , hr (managerial). Written test was pretty basic related to cse simple logics and not much quant (C, sql , DS , OS). Gd was basic. First hr was very basic. Tech round consisted of java and sql based questions. Simple questions though. A lot of questions about my internship. Final hr was pretty basic. Same old questions. Intro, why steria, any latest newS etc.

Interview Questions

• How to calculate second highest marks.   1 Answer