Stericycle Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stericycle Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.3

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stericycle (Northbrook, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Pretty quick it was 2 ppl who interviewed me. 1 lady kept yawning and saying it was Friday and she was tired. They each had a packet of questions they asked, however they were basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stericycle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stericycle (Wilmington, DE) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process is such where all of the candidates are sat in a room together where a presentation is conducted that explains the company and the services they provide and departments they have are discussed. Also discussed are available shifts (times, and whether full time or part time). In a nutshell, this company provides various services- from bio hazard clean up and disposal, to answering service for businesses.

After the presentation, the team leads take out the candidates 1 by 1 to do individual private interviews, after which they let you know if you will be offered the position.

Just a heads up for applicants of Customer Service (call center) positions: The company seems like a really nice, down to earth, homely place. Seems like its more of a t-shirt/jeans/sneakers kind of place, which is nice and lax. The interviewers, supervisors, and team leaders seem like really down to earth and nice friendly people.

But if you want to talk business for a second, they can only offer about $9.50. That's roughly 3 or 4 dollars BELOW the national minimum average for an experienced Call Center rep. Depending on where you live, like if you're a commuter, you'd be basically working for the money to afford the gas and tolls to continue to go to work. You'd be working to work. It's not a livable wage at all, and you can make $9 at a local Burger King or McDonalds. The only difference is that you'd be flipping burgers, not taking phone calls from the families of people who have just passed away (you receive hospice related calls as well).

Clearly they seek out applicants with call center experience. But they don't want to pay for that knowledge, experience, or expertise. It would seem like a GREAT place to work, given how relaxed they are. But you have to make sure you're working somewhere where you can actually make money.

Interview Questions

• Typical call center rep interview questions: "Explain a time where you had to deal with difficult/rude/irate customer"

Explain a time where you went above and beyond. etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Stericycle (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

short and intense, they followed a script of questions and I'm not sure how I did until afterwards. they have good people at this company but they are very careful on what they say and do. a ton of metrics is what they are graded on they don't leave much to opinoin which can be good or bad depending if your just driving for metrics or driving to actually help a customer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stericycle.

Interview

Interviewed with office management and took several typing tests, grammar quizzes, and memory tests. The office staff was out in the open and very inquisitive. The environment felt "cheap".

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stericycle (Bedford, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

It was really quick, I applied on Indeed and received a call within that next week! The interview was okay, I wasn't really enthused by the supervisor - the team lead was more inviting.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mainly situational questions about how you have handled a situation in the past to reflect on how you would react if you were to get employed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stericycle.

Interview

There was no interview beyond a computer test. It was just being warm bodies to fill the seats.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was an offer of pay no interview, poor pay

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at Stericycle in August 2013.

Interview

The woman who interviewed me was nice and I discussed how I was articulate, diligent, and willing to learn, especially since I didn't have a lot of experience at a call center, but I found out they rejected my application a half an hour after my interview! If they wanted someone with more experience, I don't know why they wanted me for an interview!

Interview Questions

• How would you be able to handle a high volume of calls?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stericycle in August 2013.

Interview

It is very different now - but pretty much the normal process as most large companies - they do hire within and it may take a little bit of time to get a call back or an email - you will first have a phone interview with someone from HR, then you will move on to interview with your Supervisor - then you have a 2nd interview with them or they will present you with an offer - once you interview with HR if you move on to the next phase it doesn't take them long to make a decision

Interview Questions

• What are is your weakness? I never know how to answer that one   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is not much of a negotiation phase -

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stericycle (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2010.

Interview

The on-site temp company representative came to my cube and told me to go to a specific Stericycle web site to move from temp to hire.

Within a week after that, I was summoned by HR for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for this job?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stericycle in May 2012.

Interview

Supervisors are fake and put a lost of pressure on the employees. They lie that you are doing great and then they report back to the higher management and you get fired! Everybody is backstabing everybody. They train 8-9 people but they only chose one .Do not waste your time If you want a stable job.