Stericycle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.3

100 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Applied. Supposedly they pulled my application and would be contacting me to schedule an interview but i was never contacted for anything!!! They then listed the job again and started sending me automated emails telling me to apply for the same job. Their HR is just padding their system with resumes. BEWARE APPLYING FOR THIS COMPANY!! It just basically spam that their HR ends up sending

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked for us before.   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stericycle (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I was just invited in, sat in the room with interviewer and he went over my resume. Advised that he sees that I have plenty of experience and I'm over qualified. I advised about my need for the job because of responsibilities and that I was looking at a 2 to 3 year commitment and I have an open mind in case an opportunity within the company opened and it was of interest, I would consider that at that time.

Interview Questions

• He just asked why I needed the additional part-time?   1 Answer

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stericycle (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Applied online with a reference. Main way of communication was email. Applied and got an e-mail about a week and a half later. Communicated about 3-4 times before settling on an interview date.

Interview Questions

Stericycle Response

Sep 5, 2017 – Director of Culture and Communication

Welcome aboard! We are excited to have you. If you need anything, let me know. - Lara Morrow

Transportation Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stericycle (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

Very Vague and I should have known there would be a problem when the person who would be my boss couldn't make a decision. Also had to speak to the Vice president of the area and when I got off the phone with him, I felt less confident about my future bosses abilities and skills.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stericycle.

Interview

First went through a phone interview asking about my background and why I was interested in this position. Immediately scheduled time to come in and interview with staff. About a week later did a physical interview with multiple team members, each with their own set of questions. All these staff members ended up being people I worked with later. There was a mix of personality questions and skills review questions.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stericycle (Lake Forest, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Telephone call with HR and in person interview with 3 team members. Very standard interview process, was not intimidating, easy to talk with the team members, and fast response time.

Hospital Waste Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yakima, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stericycle (Yakima, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

i applied online. i was directed to the actual hospital site and had to spend 30 minutes or so going through their screening process as well in addition to the usual online procedure with stericycle.
    not pleased.
    i was surprised when i was contacted by the hiring manager literally the next day to schedule an in person interview. i arrived at the interview about 5 minutes early and found the hiring manager ready to go. it was a general interview about the position, my experience and some of the issues she was having finding good help in the area as most of her workers were having drug issues and being reliable.
    after she found out a had a degree her demeanor suddenly changed. i thought "oh boy, here we go..." then she tried to refer me to other positions within the company etc
    thats never a good sign.
    and i was right.
    the next day i received the general rejection email. i feel like i completely wasted my time with this company. she already had my resume etc if i was overqualified why even call me in?
    once i get a plant manager job again, you can bet i will NEVER use stericycle for my plants environmental needs or otherwise.

Route Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stericycle (Itasca, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

First they gave me a phone interview. We talked about driving and working experience. The Supervisor expressed a value of teamwork and asked my opinion of teamwork.
    Second was an in person interview. Again more discussion of team work but also a description of the facility's workflow and could I see myself fitting in that team and workflow.
    Third was called back in to sign an offer letter. Then sent directly for a DOT physical.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything that would keep you from being available to work any scheduled route?   Answer Question
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any physical limitations that would keep you from completing the tasks?   Answer Question

Customer Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stericycle (Irving, TX).

Interview

I feel that I had more control over the interview then the interviewers. I applied for one position but was provided with information regarding all the positions they were hiring for. The interview environment was very comfortable. The employees that met were pretty nice.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stericycle (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Three interviews total. First, an introduction/short interview with the manager. Second, a longer, more in depth and "scripted" interview with a higher ranking manager. Third, an interview with someone in executive management. The member of executive management that interviewed me last was crass, arrogant and slightly insulting. I am not sure if this was his strategy or what.

Interview Questions

• If you witnessed another employee stealing or cheating the company, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate benefits after 30 days, rather than 90. Denied.