Sterling Engineering Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 29, 2016

1.9

Marketing Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sterling Engineering (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Very disappointed in the recruiting process with this firm. I was contacted by a recruiter who had an EXTREMELY outdated resume, that was posted on job site I do not currently use. I informed the recruiter of this and was still told that they were interested in learning about my experiences. Once we discussed my qualifications, I was recommended for a role and based on my salary requirements was told this role was in alignment in my career trajectory. I go through the application process only to discover that the recruiter misinformed me about the salary requirements which were much much lower than I expected. The recruiter did not express any empathy whatsoever regarding this miscommunication. After a week of learning about the role and company, I still expressed my interest in the role to only receive push back from the recruiter, that my salary requirements and experience was NOW too senior for the role. I would have appreciated more transparency from the beginning and more empathy from the recruiter to understand a candidate's interest and skill set. This recruiter did not perform due diligence to accurately represent the role and the successful candidate for the role. Please ensure this recruiter pay more attention to the needs of a role and for the candidate searching for the role. This experience was extremely disconcerting and disheartening.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave each employer?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sterling Engineering (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter requesting to set up a professional profile. The process was very laid back. She requested resume, professional background, discussed prominent skill sets and geographical preferences for potential jobs. She explained Sterling's history and position in the Midwest market for recruiting, and helped me obtain several phone interviews with local engineering and manufacturing firms. She was not pushing contract jobs or looking for commission - seemed genuinely interested in finding the best fit for my skills and preferences.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sterling Engineering (Westchester, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I don't know they pretty much do the taling because they want that commission so bad. If you say anything about your past jobs they'll find if youre a good fit.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sterling Engineering (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Quick and Easy. I did an over the phone interview first. A few hours later I was called in for a drug screening. The following week I started work. It was a very fast process.

Interview Questions

• Why Should we hire you? What type of experience do you have?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sterling Engineering (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Advertisement was plain enough, but they must have expected an engineer with the ability to write commercially.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any. Interviewer had no background in the job offered. I got the sense he may not have been the actual manager.   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sterling Engineering (Elmhurst, IL).

Interview

1 phone screen. 1 interview.

Negotiation

not a lot of room to negotiate

Test Engineer At Wms Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterling Engineering (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

call me i went to job spot

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterling Engineering (Arlington Heights, Cook, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Hi & bye