Sterling Jewelers Assistant General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Burlington, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the DM- straight forward guy from the south, and he asked me to meet an AGM at a nearby location. The first interview took place at a store location in NH. The interview was conducted by a rather pre-occupied GM - friendly smile that seemed painted on at times. She sat with me and asked me the general interview questions including past experiences. She asked if I would have time to do some testing for the position. I accepted not knowing the testing would take 2 hours. The interview took approximately 4 hours which I had not planned on. I became a bit uncomfortable, but remained polite and agreeable.

She took much time trying to convince both of us that I was the perfect "fit" for the job.

Within 1 week the SM contacted me and we made arrangements for an interview with the DM and the AGM I would be working with. I should have gone with my first instinct that my new AGM had his own agenda behind his deceiving smile.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself fitting into jewelry sales from clothing retail?   1 Answer
  • How do you feel about manageing a team of experienced jewelry sales people with more years of experience in the business?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The process was somewhat vague. There was an outlined form of salaries an bonuses that would basically reveal to me how much more money the GM would make than myself. However, once the blanks were filled in, there was a planned monthly bonus that looked promising and of course benefits to go along with that.

This was certainly a new interview process experience.