Sterling Jewelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 20, 2018

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Concord, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Ran through a list of selected questions was more concerned with my ability to push credit than my ability to sell high end merchandise. Asked awards that I won but made no difference on pay.

Interview Questions

• How would you pitch a credit application?   1 Answer

Jewelry Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mishawaka, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Mishawaka, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

Very smooth, and right to the point. Did a virtual job tryout and it was awesome. I think more companies should do this because it helps the employer get to know you more and also helps the employee se if the job is the right fit for them.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in two years   1 Answer

Jeweler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Interview

Easy - Met with the manager in person, I had to wait for a while before the interview because the manager was busy with customers. The interview was very casual. It was not difficult. The manager was basically looking for a warm body to fill the position, so I got the offer almost immediately.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.

Are you ok getting your hands dirty.   Answer Question

Bench Jeweler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very well done, lots of great questions!
    Asked about past experiences. Where I would like to be in 5 years. Am I willing to relocate.
    Then proceeded to a bench test to observe my skills

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

One on one with the shop manager, reviewed job positions, hands on polishing test after interview. Got a job offer a few days later, 2 weeks later i was working

Jewelry Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Waterbury, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

Took about 45 minutes, interviewer repeatedly had to stop because she did not have enough staff on the floor. Very nice as well as polite. Was promised full time during interview, was later told part time or nothing. All in all very smooth path to get the job itself, huge bump in the road hours wise.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Do you see yourself here in 5 years and why? What do you like about jewelery?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Interview

There are three interviews. One with a store manager and two more with the area manager. The process was fairly easy. There was also an online assessment for new hires to complete

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Akron, OH).

Interview

The interview was very easy with basic questions about my resume. The people who interviewed me were very friendly and had mostly questions about my background. I met with the HR representative and had the interview with a few of the team members and then filled out paperwork with HR.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Akron, OH).

Interview

My interviews were great and I got the job. Then they laid me off shortly after they hired me. I left a job I had had for almost a century! It was a humiliating process. I really liked my boss and my team that worked for me, but Sterling/Signet has NO CLUE how to have their managers MANAGE so they let them all go... Now all the directors have to manage multiple teams without any assistance. They work about 12 hours a day and have no lives.

Negotiation

Yes, but little good it did me after they let all their managers go.

Apprentice Jeweler Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty good. All applicants are interviewed in person at the location presently hiring. The process does take time. You'll be followed up with an online personality assessment. Dress nicely.