Sterling Jewelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sterling Jewelers Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2018

2.3

Jeweler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Interview

Easy - Met with the manager in person, I had to wait for a while before the interview because the manager was busy with customers. The interview was very casual. It was not difficult. The manager was basically looking for a warm body to fill the position, so I got the offer almost immediately.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.

Are you ok getting your hands dirty.   1 Answer

Jewelry Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Waterbury, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

Took about 45 minutes, interviewer repeatedly had to stop because she did not have enough staff on the floor. Very nice as well as polite. Was promised full time during interview, was later told part time or nothing. All in all very smooth path to get the job itself, huge bump in the road hours wise.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Do you see yourself here in 5 years and why? What do you like about jewelery?   1 Answer

Jewelry Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mishawaka, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Mishawaka, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

Very smooth, and right to the point. Did a virtual job tryout and it was awesome. I think more companies should do this because it helps the employer get to know you more and also helps the employee se if the job is the right fit for them.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in two years   1 Answer

Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Salisbury, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

the manager took me in front of the store and basically just told me how she knew i'd be great but everyone there sucked and she wanted to fire people

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers in August 2013.

Interview

There were three interviews before being offered the position.First interview was a get to know you interview. The second interview was with HR. The final interview was with the head manager. The interviews took between thirty minutes to an hour. The location is easy to find.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you broke the rules at work?
      What steps you take to meet goals ?   Answer Question

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Akron, OH) in August 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with HR and then the dept. Everything went smoothly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered and accepted.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Akron, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online. I waited at least two weeks (maybe longer) before I heard from anyone. Someone from HR finally called and scheduled a phone interview with me. HR rep was very professional and friendly and the phone interview took about 45 minutes. I did not get scheduled for a face to face interview until more than a month (about 6 weeks) later. For that interview, I was interviewed by three managers and/or directors from similar departments within the company. I was very surprised to see that everyone was wearing jeans and dressed very casually. Though I felt completely overdressed wearing an interview suit, I was still able to connect with the interviewers because everyone was very friendly and down-to-earth. I thought the interview went very well and I was shocked when HR called me a day or two later to tell me that they had selected an internal candidate for the position.

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

One on one with the shop manager, reviewed job positions, hands on polishing test after interview. Got a job offer a few days later, 2 weeks later i was working

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Akron, OH).

Interview

Common questions about Excel experiences (vlookups/pivot tables), understanding store turns. Really looking for someone that is passionate about numbers. They want someone who is a self starter, can challenge the merchants if needed and who works well independently.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class in college?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers in December 2015.

Interview

I applied to be their Spring intern. I was contacted for a phone interview. The guy asked lengthy and kind of confusing questions. Definitely ones I wasn't prepared for. They said they would get back to me within one or two weeks by phone. I got nothing. Over a month later I got an email saying I didn't get the job. The interview process was okay but the questions caught me off guard.