Sterling Jewelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.4

Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Akron, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

I went through a phone interview and two in-person interviews. They were pretty casual and were very friendly. The questions weren't difficult, but sometimes it seemed like the interviewer was just reading a standardized questionnaire instead of getting to know how I could potentially work as an employee. The span of time from when I applied online to when I found out about I got the job was several months. I applied in the very beginning of September and didn't get an offer letter until mid to late November.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers in October 2015.

Interview

Pretty casual, they asked what you would bring to the team. The pre-interview test is what gets a lot of people disqualified. You need to be genuine and show your true personality, they are looking for a diverse team to be able to connect with all customers. Be honest and genuine, connecting with the manager and/or assistant manager is more important than you knowledge of jewelry/retail. Someone can be trained to sell but if you cannot connect and talk to new people it's hard to have a customer connect with you. Don't feel nervous because this does come with experience but be confident and "fake it till you make it" meaning even if you don't feel confident act like it. Look them in the eye, laugh at yourself, even if the answer may sound "dumb" or "cheesy" say it like you believe in it.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairlawn, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Fairlawn, OH).

Interview

Went through 2 different interviews before officially Hired into the company.
     First interview was a get to know you interview. The second interview was with the hiring manager for that department.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Akron, OH).

Interview

Common questions about Excel experiences (vlookups/pivot tables), understanding store turns. Really looking for someone that is passionate about numbers. They want someone who is a self starter, can challenge the merchants if needed and who works well independently.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class in college?   1 Answer

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Akron, OH).

Interview

It was pretty easy. I spoke with someone from Human Resources who then sent me to speak to a manager in the department I would be working in. He was nice and told me what the salary would be. I was then sent back to the HR rep who gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

• They will ask about experience you have in customer service.   Answer Question

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Akron, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Took 4 days no n on o n on n no n o no n on on no n ono ncgfdjsdf sd fg sdf gsd fg sdf gsdf gs dfgsdfg

Assiistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Akron, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

The first interview is a phone interview to determine qualifications and skills. The second interview is with the people you would be working under. It is laid back and casual.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing you ever had to do in a previous employment   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Interview

They hire almost anybody.The district managers are of extremely poor quality. They talk you down, they answer questions with questions. They do now put any positive input into the career.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Waterbury, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Quite easy. Just have to convince that you have potential. Also a lot of discussion regarding your previous job. If you didn't have any job before it will be hard to answer any question they have. Make sure you dress properly and are comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Are you goal oriented ? What steps you take to meet goals ?   Answer Question

Information Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Akron, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with the floor manager at the customer service center and then the IT manager. I wasn't sure the It Managers were listening when I described my past experience because they suggested I didn't have leadership experience (a 12-year active duty, E-7 Navy Veteran). While everyone was friendly, it seemed as if my interview was not truly considered as I more than met the qualifications required.

Interview Questions

• Describe past leadership experience.   1 Answer