Sterling Jewelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sterling Jewelers Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.4

Na Interview

Interview

other then just be honest in your answers and ask yourself if retail is what your ready to do. can you sell someone a diamond.. its not clerking its selling. you have to be fully committed to this type of job.. its not an easy job and theirs allot more of behind the scenes that you dont see as a guest..

Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers in December 2015.

Interview

I applied to be their Spring intern. I was contacted for a phone interview. The guy asked lengthy and kind of confusing questions. Definitely ones I wasn't prepared for. They said they would get back to me within one or two weeks by phone. I got nothing. Over a month later I got an email saying I didn't get the job. The interview process was okay but the questions caught me off guard.

Analyst Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairlawn, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Fairlawn, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Started with an outside recruiter and then moved on to an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was not very good at determining my skills. This person was supposedly amazing, but I found out later that they thought I was weak in one area that was one of my strengths. And this person told me that what they were looking for was the direct opposite of what the actual job did (I had friends at the company). Very poor way to filter potential candidates. They never even told me directly that I was out of the running for the position. I have since applied to other positions with this company and they never even acknowledge receiving your application, nor ever send that typical "thank you for applying and while your background is certainly impressive..." letter. They just ignore you - treating candidates very shabbily.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to elaborate on past positions and why I felt I would be successful there.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online i took the online interview took about a hour fairly easy. Got called the next day for a face to face interview with the asistant manager it went awesome she was super nice alot of questions and convo. 2 days passed and i got my second interview with the Manager she was tougher very to the point no extra conversation alot of questions about past jobs.

Interview Questions

• A time where you had to make a decision not every one agreed wit   1 Answer

Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Akron, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

I went through a phone interview and two in-person interviews. They were pretty casual and were very friendly. The questions weren't difficult, but sometimes it seemed like the interviewer was just reading a standardized questionnaire instead of getting to know how I could potentially work as an employee. The span of time from when I applied online to when I found out about I got the job was several months. I applied in the very beginning of September and didn't get an offer letter until mid to late November.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers in October 2015.

Interview

Pretty casual, they asked what you would bring to the team. The pre-interview test is what gets a lot of people disqualified. You need to be genuine and show your true personality, they are looking for a diverse team to be able to connect with all customers. Be honest and genuine, connecting with the manager and/or assistant manager is more important than you knowledge of jewelry/retail. Someone can be trained to sell but if you cannot connect and talk to new people it's hard to have a customer connect with you. Don't feel nervous because this does come with experience but be confident and "fake it till you make it" meaning even if you don't feel confident act like it. Look them in the eye, laugh at yourself, even if the answer may sound "dumb" or "cheesy" say it like you believe in it.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairlawn, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Fairlawn, OH).

Interview

Went through 2 different interviews before officially Hired into the company.
     First interview was a get to know you interview. The second interview was with the hiring manager for that department.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Akron, OH).

Interview

Common questions about Excel experiences (vlookups/pivot tables), understanding store turns. Really looking for someone that is passionate about numbers. They want someone who is a self starter, can challenge the merchants if needed and who works well independently.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class in college?   1 Answer

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Akron, OH).

Interview

It was pretty easy. I spoke with someone from Human Resources who then sent me to speak to a manager in the department I would be working in. He was nice and told me what the salary would be. I was then sent back to the HR rep who gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

• They will ask about experience you have in customer service.   Answer Question

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Akron, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Took 4 days no n on o n on n no n o no n on on no n ono ncgfdjsdf sd fg sdf gsd fg sdf gsdf gs dfgsdfg