Sterling Jewelers Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 24, 2017

2.3

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Concord, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Ran through a list of selected questions was more concerned with my ability to push credit than my ability to sell high end merchandise. Asked awards that I won but made no difference on pay.

Interview Questions

• How would you pitch a credit application?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sterling Jewelers

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Interview

There are three interviews. One with a store manager and two more with the area manager. The process was fairly easy. There was also an online assessment for new hires to complete

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Augusta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Not very long & broken up because they were busy. Seemed like a good place, just didnt plan for the interview very well. They asked me the usual questions about my background in sales

Interview Questions

• Nothing exceptional. Basic questions. Wanted to know background & if I had any experience in sales, especially jewelry. I had experience, so I think that was helpful & probably shortened the interview with not so much to explain   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online i took the online interview took about a hour fairly easy. Got called the next day for a face to face interview with the asistant manager it went awesome she was super nice alot of questions and convo. 2 days passed and i got my second interview with the Manager she was tougher very to the point no extra conversation alot of questions about past jobs.

Interview Questions

• A time where you had to make a decision not every one agreed wit   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers in October 2015.

Interview

Pretty casual, they asked what you would bring to the team. The pre-interview test is what gets a lot of people disqualified. You need to be genuine and show your true personality, they are looking for a diverse team to be able to connect with all customers. Be honest and genuine, connecting with the manager and/or assistant manager is more important than you knowledge of jewelry/retail. Someone can be trained to sell but if you cannot connect and talk to new people it's hard to have a customer connect with you. Don't feel nervous because this does come with experience but be confident and "fake it till you make it" meaning even if you don't feel confident act like it. Look them in the eye, laugh at yourself, even if the answer may sound "dumb" or "cheesy" say it like you believe in it.

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Waterbury, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Quite easy. Just have to convince that you have potential. Also a lot of discussion regarding your previous job. If you didn't have any job before it will be hard to answer any question they have. Make sure you dress properly and are comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Are you goal oriented ? What steps you take to meet goals ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Three interviews with different levels of management. They all ask you the same questions over and over again, so be prepared to repeat yourself numerous times. Make the job your own and the job is sure to be yours. Even if you know nothing about the business, they are still willing to work with you.

Anonymous Employee in Washington Court House, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Washington Court House, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Called once
    Went in interviewed
    Called back offered job
    I talked to the assistant manager for about thirty minutes and then I talked to the store manager himself
    They discussed hiring me obviously after I left and decided to hire me called and offered me the open postion

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandusky, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers (Sandusky, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

First i applied online. Then that very same day i called multiple Sterling Stores that were within the same area to see which ones were actually hiring. Then I had an interview within the very next week. Then i had a second interview about a couple weeks after, if that. Then I finally got hired in 3 weeks after my second interview because they like to do all their new hires right after big events like right after Valentines Day.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.

Interview

Online application process is quick, and gives you an idea of what a day in the life of a sales associate means at Sterling Jewelers. Process takes roughly an hour to complete. You can select up to 5 store locations that you would like to work at, or select a specific store if you have been referred. With or without Jewelery experience, the online application process is easy, and gives a job seeker a good idea of what it means to be part of the sterling Jewelers sales team. I was contacted within 48 hours upon completion of my application to come in for an interview, and my first day of work started the following week!

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be late for work?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Negotiation was not necessary.