Sterne Agee and Leach Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sterne Agee and Leach Interview Questions

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Sterne Agee and Leach (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It went pretty smooth. Pretty simple I should say, first interviewed on call and then on site. They explained me about their work and I shared my project on CDS, and there were some basic questions about the bloomberg terminal like retrieving CDX data etc. Overall environment seemed pretty chilled out and seemed like good place to work.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sterne Agee and Leach (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Asked about multi tasking, and priority management. Primarily looking for a personality fit with the FA's. Overall, low stress & easy going...although that was just the hiring managers general attitude. I think in a job like this the personality is huge, so that is what they are looking for. And also someone who is interested in learning and contributing to the small office environment.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sterne Agee and Leach.

Interview

Applied and 6 months later received a call for a phone interview with the hiring manager. a few weeks later was invited for an in person with the persons with whom I would be working.

Interview Questions

• There were no real questions that come to mind. I basically went through my experience and how it relates to the position.   Answer Question

Economics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sterne Agee and Leach (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

One initial phone screen, then one longer phone interview, then a final round in-person consisting of three 1:1 interviews. The questions for the most part were about my experiences in college, interest in economics, and my skills. I left the office feeling very positive, and quite frankly I am not sure why I relatively quickly was informed that I will not be receiving an offer.

Margin Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterne Agee and Leach in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty formal. I received a brief phone call, which included several minor questions. I then reported for a formal interview, I was interviewed by the team lead and department manager. The interview was in-depth but it also included a few open ended questions.

Fixed Income Salesman Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterne Agee and Leach (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Mostly my colleague negotiated with the management of Sterne, Agee when it was clear that we were to join i was introduced to a managing director and Ceo and he discussed what was expected of our group.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background and operational information   1 Answer

IRA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterne Agee and Leach (Birmingham, AL) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview was on the phone. Talked to department manager and manger of operations about what kind of experience I had working with IRA's conversation as very brief and only took a few minutes.

Interview Questions

• What kind of banking experience did you have when you worked at the bank with IRA's?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to work as temp as an assistant to the IRA manager helping him catch up on some areas they are behind on?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was handled by the temp agency

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sterne Agee and Leach (Birmingham, AL) in January 2013.

Interview

It was a typical interview process with an introductory phone interview. Then I was invited for an in person interview at their office in Birmingham, AL. The interview process did take a bit longer than I would have liked, but overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• -Simple behavioral and fit interview questions
      -Why Sterne?   Answer Question

High Yield Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Sterne Agee and Leach (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Met with a few senior analysts as well as some junior analysts as a first round and was then given a case study. After the completion of the case study I came back and spoke about it with the hiring analyst and spoke with a few others at the firm.

Interview Questions

• Describe a high yield bond you like / dislike?   1 Answer

Managing Director Fixed Income Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sterne Agee and Leach (Birmingham, AL) in February 2012.

Interview

I was recruited because my former firm was being bought out. Not sure what else to say. They wanted me ...not sure I wanted them. After a little time they finally offered enough money and I took the offer

Interview Questions

• What accounts did they have open and could I keep my current accounts   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made several offers and finally wore me down