Sterne Kessler Goldstein and Fox PLLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sterne Kessler Goldstein and Fox PLLC

2.3

Sort:

Paralegal Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sterne Kessler Goldstein and Fox PLLC.

Interview

First I went through an online recruiter phone call talking about the firm, finished the online application and then I was given a date for an interview. I was then given a grammar test that I needed to score over 80 percent on. This grammar test was suitable for a 5th grader to pass. I was then interviewed by hr, typical behavioral questions. I was then given information about the company/ benefit and given the opportunity to ask questions. The interview ended and I was told that my application would be handled and given to the appropriate department head. Never heard back so I assume I wasn't desirable.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral and why you want to work there, etc.   1 Answer

May 10, 2016 – Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for your interest in Sterne Kessler. We appreciate the time you took to meet with us. Please know that we keep applicant information on file so that we can follow up with candidates who... More

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sterne Kessler Goldstein and Fox PLLC (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and was invited to come in for a round of interviews lasting 2 hours. First round was a vocabulary, grammar and spelling test lasting approximately 30 mins. You need to pass this test to move on to the next round. I aced the test in under 12 minutes. Next I interviewed with senior paralegal and a paralegal manager. I thought it went well, they were looking for someone willing to learn and work long hours. After this interview came an interview with HR to go over benefits and what the firm would offer. Then finally, a tour of their office.

Patent Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterne Kessler Goldstein and Fox PLLC.

Interview

I interviewed twice with this firm. The first interview was at the PLI interview program in Chicago. For the second interview the firm flew me to Washington, DC. I interviewed with several attorneys from the firm and generally felt welcome. The staff and attorneys made the process very painless.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to find the voltage in a relatively simple circuit diagram.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterne Kessler Goldstein and Fox PLLC (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

This is the first-year position. You talk to 4 - 5 people, mostly associates. They do not give you hard questions, however, I feel that the management does not treat this process important because most interviewers were junior associates. You don't know who the decision maker is or his/her expectation of the job from you. The partners seem to be extremely busy and don't want to devote much time to the interview process. Other than knowing that the people who are interviewing you (most are associates) are nice and cordial (though they don't necessarily work with you on a day-to-day basis), you don't seem to get much out of the interview about the firm, such as the work you'll be doing and whether you are going to learn in the first few years of your career.

Interview Questions

• Mostly they tell you what the work was like at the firm, and ask you about what kind of work you like to do.   Answer Question

May 10, 2016 – Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for interviewing for a first year associate position with our firm. We have a team approach to our hiring process. In the initial stages, we have associates engaged with candidates as... More

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sterne Kessler Goldstein and Fox PLLC (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by The HR Specialist first then once he proceeded to end my interview I had another with My Immediate supervision (Manager of Hospitality) we were in a small conference room and once I was interviewed by both parties I was brought back to the area where I Would soon work, learn my craft perfect drinks and indulge in flavors, teas varieties ,coffee beans and much more

Interview Questions

• What are three strengths you would say that you possess?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sterne Kessler Goldstein and Fox PLLC in May 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR rep first, then a phone interview with a director, then an in-person interview. It was all pretty standard. I do wish they would have someone who actually does your job speak to you, especially for technical specialists because you are typically coming from an entirely different field of work, so there's a lot of questions to be asked, but the in person interviews were only with directors. Nothing too technical, just trying to get a feel for any knowledge you have, and what your background is.

Interview Questions

• If something is due on Friday when do you finish it?   1 Answer

Nov 22, 2016 – Human Resources Recruiter

Welcome to Sterne Kessler! We are thrilled that you have joined our team. We continually aim to improve our interview procedures and will consider your feedback.

Patent Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I interviewed at Sterne Kessler Goldstein and Fox PLLC (Washington, DC) in March 2018.

Interview

totally there are five interviewers, each will interview for 30 minutes, after one interview, this interviewer will take you to the next interviewer's office, they are all very nice! Prepare all the things on your resume!

Interview Questions

• self introduction; your technical experience; your dissertation topics   Answer Question

Patent Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sterne Kessler Goldstein and Fox PLLC (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

First took a grammar test which took about 15 minutes, and you must score above 80%. Then I was given a tour of the office and introduced to how everything functioned, etc. Only at the very end was I asked interview questions, which were very basic and general - the interview itself was about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe your last/current job   1 Answer

May 10, 2016 – Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us and for posting your feedback.

Biotech Group Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sterne Kessler Goldstein and Fox PLLC.

Interview

I was contacted by phone(their preferred way of communication) but there was no phone interview. I came in and took a 50+ question grammar test. I was interviewed by two staff one of whom was late. The questions were uninspiring(I read a lot about the firm, biotechnology etc, but they were more interested in enumerating the benefits provided by the the firm). I was told I didn't get the job within two weeks.

Interview Questions

Sterne Kessler Goldstein and Fox PLLC Response

May 10, 2016 – Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for your feedback concerning your interview experience with our firm. We try to be as thorough as possible during the interview process to give candidates as much information about open... More

Biotech Group Paralegal Interview

Interview

I was first contacted by phone and the only real question they had for me was whether I would consider going to law school one day. I flew to DC for the interview but before I even got to that portion I was asked to complete a spelling, grammar, and vocabulary quiz. You needed to score 80% on the quiz to move on to the interview round and I did not (they did not tell me this before the assessment OR before i went to the interview). In the spelling section you had to choose between 2/3 spellings of what I'm assuming are commonly misspelled words. Words that you definitely know though it can be confusing to pick from options and not just spell it on your own. In the Grammar section words/phrases would be missing in a sentence and you would once again have to choose between 2 or 3 options (also probably common grammar mistakes). The vocabulary section consisted of indicating whether two words were antonyms of synonyms. I contacted the company to ask about which sections I did poorly on and they never answered me...