Steven Madden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Steven Madden Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.3

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Steven Madden.

Interview

Several interviews with the district manager and other district managers

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Steven Madden (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

One of the worst I've seen. It took me two days to get back in touch with the manager who called me. We set a date and time. I showed, but she didn't. She forgot, but she was on her way. After sitting in the store for a half hour, the assistant manager said she would interview me. After being asked 4 pre-written questions, she said "thanks, I'll give these to the manager and she'll interview you. "

I didn't hear back from anyone for about a week. I had to reach out to the store. The manager, who never interviewed me, said they found someone more qualified. Now how is that possible when you didn't even see me? I really wanted to work for them, now I have no desire to even go near the company's product.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steven Madden (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

hr manager was new and did not know a lot about the position i was interviewing for. i met with several people, with long waiting peroids in between. feedback seemed positive during the process, but they did not follow up with me. after several follow up attempts made by me, the hr manager told me they had decided to keep my resume on file, and did not provide any reason for why i did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• do you think you will be suited to work in our non traditional enviornment?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Steven Madden (Long Island City, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

To level set, I have researched reviews on (GlassDoor, Indeed). Like review sites, one has to take a grain of salt to see through things; there are so many negative ones - generally disgruntled employees venting though what keeps happy employees from posting I wonder.

Anyway, the interview process for this LIC/HQ position was thus - recruiter to HR contact to interview(s). The theme I gathered from what they look for in a candidate is "fit" for their office culture in addition to one's background and skill set.

Pros
    Location - LIC, near subway and LIRR lines (can't speak for buses)
    Friendly atmosphere

Cons
    Parking situation - free valet parking available - just tip the attendant at least!
    Separate buildings - so might need to figure out which one you need to go

Interview Questions

• Name three things that your references would say about you.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steven Madden (Long Island City, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I met with the woman from HR who was very prepared with a series of questions, it took about an hour and then I met with the boss and she went over the job duties.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a stressful situation and someone who is difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Steven Madden (Long Island City, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Initially met with HR, had an in-person interview with one of the HR women. She took my resume and asked basic questions about past experience and "why Steve Madden?" and what did I see myself doing in 5 years, etc. She then explained the position to me and said that she would forward my resume to the hiring manager. A few days later, I met with the supervisor of the department that I was interviewing for and basically went through the same exact spiel.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steven Madden (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with the store manager. Seemed to have gone really well. Told me she would contact the DM for us to meet. She liked me, told me she would contact me th next week but never did.

Web/Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Steven Madden (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

Super casual, but very straight forward. They really know who they're looking for, so if they ask a lot of questions about your background, it usually means they're very interested.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge you faced and how did you get over it?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malden, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steven Madden (Malden, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy laided back friendly they asked good questions and they made you want to work there it was group interview which in ever had so they just throw questions at you and you kinda don't want to say the same thing you just heard

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a person couldn'tfind there size   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steven Madden (Syracuse, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Basic interview. I applied online, heard back 2 days later. Went in for an interview the following week. Then I went in for a second interview and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your fashion influences?   1 Answer