Steven Madden Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Steven Madden Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Steven Madden (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy I was referred by a friend. I sent in my resume and got a call back within the week. I was asked to go in for an interview. They asked all of the basic questions. I was called back and got the job and asked to go back in to fill out paperwork. I started shortly after that.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Steven Madden

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steven Madden (Denver, CO).

Interview

Career fair, call back 1 month later.
    Short interview (30mins)
    - 2 current managers
    - very casual
    - all interviewees wearing casual clothing
    - Superficial
    - Unclear about the positions they would be hiring for.
    - Interview process looked to be unorganized and informal

Interview Questions

• Why you wanted to work for the company? Why are you passionate about fashion?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steven Madden in November 2015.

Interview

All about customer service and answer service based questions. Also it was very easy but for me at the end they want you to explain yourself on how you will bring that service level.

Interview Questions

• Answer questions such as why steve madden?
      What is your definition of customer service?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steven Madden (Syracuse, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Basic interview. I applied online, heard back 2 days later. Went in for an interview the following week. Then I went in for a second interview and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your fashion influences?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Steven Madden (Frisco, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

you have to go to the Steve Madden website to apply. I got a call the next day to go in. very casual clothes. we sat in the food court. the interviewer seemed very unorganized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steven Madden in May 2015.

Interview

The process was simple. and Hr rep contacted me for a phone interview and then set up in the same conversation for me to come in for an in-person interview. I was unsure what the position was exactly that I was interviewing for. I was then informed in the meeting that it was a Customer Service Representative on the sales team which is not at all what I was expecting or wanted.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Steven Madden (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

They were extremely interested in your previous experience and look into your references and they are interested on how deep your people skills are. they are curious on how adaptable you are since working in new york means you can work with people from any background

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steven Madden (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

One interview that was pretty basic! The girl interviewing me talked(and asked) a lot about the history of the company and what the company stands for. I get that companies main goal is to make a profit but the girl interviewing me made it very clear that as long as they make money and do well then customer service isn't their top priority which kind of bugged me. Other than that it was good. They offered me a position 2 weeks after my interview but turned it down because of the terrible pay.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about what our company is all about and stands for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steven Madden (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Very Laid back. The interviewer was very friendly and personable. I went into the store and they asked me a couple of questions and I received the job on the spot. It was a simple process. I even filled out the paper work that day. A positive experience overall!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Steven Madden (Long Island City, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring process included a brief phone conversation with a corporate HR representative and then an in-person interview at their headquarters. The interview consisted of one with the recruiter of the department I was interviewing for and another with the corporate HR representative I had spoken on the phone with earlier. They were extremely kind and the company is amazing!