Stewart's Shops Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stewart's Shops Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stewart's Shops (Saratoga Springs, NY).

Interview

Filled out an online personality screening, was emailed about an interview. Had the on-site (HQ) interview and was told they would let me know my applicant status within 2 weeks. Never heard anything again. Have since had 4 other interviews at other companies and accepted a job elsewhere.

Interviewer was nice but clearly inexperienced, in a first-job sort of way. Explained they don't have vacation time other than one week per year (for a corporate position!) or any other benefits to offer besides a retirement plan. I got a distinct feeling that this is a micromanaged company that does not respect it's employees.

I left the interview knowing I would not pursue the process any further with this company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stewart's Shops (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

The interviewer was completely unprepared. I was told that the original interviewer was "out sick" but later learned she was on vacation. The individual I met with immediately tried to push me into applying for an associate role, which is part-time with lower pay. Asked to meet halfway on pay and get a set schedule, to which I was met with an eye roll and sigh. Still interested in the company, but they need to clean up this act. I was not thrilled to be treated so unprofessionally.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to use the microphone to talk to individuals pumping gas?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stewart's Shops (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

very detailed and professional and friendly as well,
    going through my resume and work history in details and modifying my qualifications with job describtion and asking questions about stewart's shops history and what informations i KNOW about the company. and scheduled for a second interview with a higher level from the company.

Interview Questions

• what are you looking in stewart's shops?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Very much behind the curtain "oz-like" hiring approach. The position applied for was a professional / management level position requiring a college degree and several years of industry specific experience for which I am qualified. A few days after sending my resume I received an email (no reply to address) directing me to complete their on-line application which was very lengthy and intrusive. A few weeks later I received another email (again no reply to address) requesting I come to their office to complete their "plant application". When there I was given a 5th grade math quiz and asked for enough information to do a background check (no possible issues there). The receptionist said I should return the following Monday for an interview if the HR Manager was available. I asked her to set a time and let me know when to be there. I never received a call or email and became very annoyed with the whole process. After another month or so I received the don't call us we'll call you - thanks but no thanks email. For a company that plays so heavily off the "family business" image you would think a bit more personal approach to their hiring process would just be the natural thing to do.

Interview Questions

• If Johnny received a shipment of 5 pallets with 10 cases on each pallet how many cases did Johnny receive?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stewart's Shops in September 2009.

Interview

First, I was prescreened via phone call---
    I asked for cell to be primary contact number, but they called home instead-so, we played phone tag for 2 days
    I finally connected to someone, and they set up a time for a phone prescreen
    Went well,
    scheduled a 1:1 interview, again, with a prescreener--not the person to make the hiring choice
    Was told prescreen went well, and I was going to be escalated to next level.
    As I was leaving, it was mentioned they do a background check, including credit history
    She said it was to see if you were honest, and falling behind on your bills, is not honest.
    Then the prescreener left
    I called back, and left 3 messages, and also drove back to drop a card to ask them to call me, so iI could explain something (There were some items on the credit report, I wanted to be able to explain)
    they never called back, or made an attempt to contact me--2 days later, I received a THANK YOU--BUT letter.....