Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies.

Interview

One day process. Met with the prime contract and six individuals who work on the prime contract. I then met with human resources with Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies. Was a one day process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies.

Interview

I met an HR representative at a career fair and gave a resume. I also applied online prior to the career fair. I got a phone call a week later requesting a phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (Johnson City, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

After applying for the flight controller position there was a campus interview in late February. The interview was an hour long and just like a typical interview, nothing too difficult. I then waited until mid April until I got a call saying they wanted to proceed to the next round of interviews. This interview was onsite at JSC and included a short technical presentation, interview, tour, and other activities.

Interview Questions

• Mainly t was just behavioral type question. So, name a time when you had to work as a team and describe the result, name some of your strengths/weaknesses... etc   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Interviewer met me at the Badging Office and drove me through security.
    2. He gave me a quick tour of his building's floor.
    3. I interviewed with 5 people.
    4. He gave me a more detailed tour after the interview and put me in some astronaut training simulations!
    5. He took me back to the Badging Office and we said our goodbyes.

Interview Questions

• Q: Things from my resume.   1 Answer
    • Q: If two 1-mile long beams are each hinged to a wall, and then touching each other on their free ends, how much will the beams rise up in the air if they each expand 1 inch due to heat long-ways?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

Job transfer with contract change. No interview conducted, this allowed a lot of unqualified people threw the interview process. The benefit did change after they were told to be one thing

Windows Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (Sioux Falls, SD) in July 2016.

Interview

**DO NOT INTERVIEW HERE IF CURRENTLY EMPLOYED***

Someone here after meeting me onsite during the interview felt the need to tell my current supervisor (where i am still employed). If you're currently unemployed and OK with that kind of thing, read on.

Met with my potential supervisor, his supervisor and a potential co-worker. I was asked typical IT related questions on experience and familiarity with various systems and architectures. After long interview I was introduced to a number of possible future coworkers. Really wish they didn't have a person working there that felt it appropriate to tell someones current employer about them interviewing with them. Seemed like a great place to work potentially.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep your skills current?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (Cambridge, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

1 Phone screen: Questions regarding background and experience. Technical questions regarding Java EE and core. In person interview round with entire team including principal developer, project manager, director. Never heard back from them again. No feedback.

Interview Questions

• Servlet life cycle. Point out code optimization areas of improvement. How to encapsulate, avoid sql injection.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Online application, once past initial screening they had me complete a personality test. Then received a phone interview with an hr member, which lead to a phone interview with the ETHOS team lead. I was invited down for an on-site interview (at JSC in Houston), where I presented on a topic of my choice and had an informal panel interview. I was then given a tour of the campus.

The process to get an actual offer took some time, but overall a positive experience

Interview Questions

• In lay-mans terms, in two sentences, explain why a perfectly thermally insulated room with a refrigerator open and plugged in will heat up.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (Daytona Beach, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by one person in a closed door room. I was asked questions about my credentials and my work style. Overall, I had a negative experience because my interviewer freely admitted that he would rather be elsewhere and he was very uninterested and unprofessional. On top of that, I had to politely counteract his condescending remarks toward my responses. My experience from the interview shows me that this company does not value its people and has an elitist attitude.

Interview Questions

• 1) Are you a leader or a team player?
      2) Where do you plan to go in life?   1 Answer

Flight Controller Interview

Interview

First was a school interview, then phone interview, and finally an onsite interview that included a tour and a part in which I had to give a presentation and answer question. This took about 2 or 3 months. Interview process was very professional and friendly. Many opportunities to learn about the position and for them to get to know you. This is a great place to work and the people are very willing to share their experiences with the company and position.

Interview Questions

• They asked if it was okay to work different shifts, so sometimes a day shift or night shift, but this is expected of everyone and it is part of the position.   Answer Question