Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (Cambridge, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

1 Phone screen: Questions regarding background and experience. Technical questions regarding Java EE and core. In person interview round with entire team including principal developer, project manager, director. Never heard back from them again. No feedback.

Interview Questions

• Servlet life cycle. Point out code optimization areas of improvement. How to encapsulate, avoid sql injection.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (Cambridge, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

After applying online for the position, an HR representative from SGT reached out to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. Once that was completed I was invited to come in for a half day of interviews. I met with the hiring manager as well as other managers and analysts throughout the company.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the interview questions were related to project management and analysis experience.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (Sioux Falls, SD).

Interview

Went from one contractor to SGT and they tried to reduce my salary before offering me a job. Their reason was that I made too much money and I needed to take a haircut in order for them to keep me on the new contract. I nearly walked out the door right there to find a different job. A lot of people took the haircut thinking that was their only way to stay. That is just the way that this company does business.

Interview Questions

• Why do you deserve so much pay when you don't have 30 years of experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You need to take a pay cut in order for us to bring you over. I told them I had other offers and that they paid much better. They didn't cut my pay and I got the job.

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (Greenbelt, MD) in February 2011.

Interview

I had a one on one interview with the hiring manager. The whole process was very informal, so I've enjoyed the interview. Most of the questions focused on the soft skills, such as dealing with changing customer requests, fast pace of work, dealing with ambiguous guidelines, etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the customer deals with the risks differently from what you expect? What risks tools you prefer and why? Are you familiar with NASA risk management guidelines? What risk training do you have? Will you be able to change your work schedule to accommodate customer's changing needs?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (Cambridge, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Unprofessional!!!No HR phone screen. Got a call from the company. This guy never introduce himself and start asking technical question in poor English. I couldn’t understand what he was saying. And he hang up the phone without a heads up in the middle of the interview and called me back in 5 minuets. At the end I didn’t even get a chance to ask about the company and the position. It is totally waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (Greenbelt, MD).

Interview

The HR managers were friendly and professionals. They explained their hiring process. Reviewed the position description (based on the customer's requirements). Accessed my qualifications, in relation to the client's requirements. And they offered me lots of time to ask & answer questions. As someone who has spent many years in the industry, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly discussed my resume, past performance experience and the clients requirements. Exmaple question was "how many years of hands on Engineering Experience do you have?"   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies.

Interview

I met an HR representative at a career fair and gave a resume. I also applied online prior to the career fair. I got a phone call a week later requesting a phone interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

Job transfer with contract change. No interview conducted, this allowed a lot of unqualified people threw the interview process. The benefit did change after they were told to be one thing

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

1 phone interview; 1 in-person interview. Interview questions were pretty generic. Things seemed a little disjointed and the whole process took way too long. However, they were kind and courteous during the interview and made an effort to give me a sense of the job and area.

Interview Questions

• Really generic. Previous experience/skills. What did you enjoy about your previous job? Specific software development experience/familiarity with programming languages/data formats.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (Greenbelt, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn which took me to their web site to apply. Was contacted the day after I applied with dates and times for an interview. The first interview was a technical one with a group of people from the department. The next day I was contacted for a second interview with the Executive Leadership team. Both interviews the SGT culture was emphasized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Prior to receiving the Offer Letter the Recruiting Manager called me to go over the terms of the offer. They were offering less than I wanted. We ended up splitting the difference and I accepted the other terms. Real easy process.