Cover image for Stitch Fix

Add an Interview

Stitch Fix Data Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 672 interviews

Recruiter8%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Stitch Fix

Application

I interviewed at Stitch Fix

Interview

phone screen round, asked about a/b testing experience and other data science past projects, pretty introductory recruiter round. got the phone call about 2 days after I submitted the app on their official website

Interview Questions
  • have you done a/b testing in production before
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

The interview process started with a recruiter reaching out to me on Linkedin. After a brief call, we scheduled the first phone screen with the hiring manager 1. Phone screen with Hiring manager 2. Technical phone screen for coding 3. Onsite interview with 4 technical rounds 4. Behavioral onsite interview with cross functional teams

Interview Questions
  • Implement a function that samples from multinomial distribution
7 people found this interview helpful

Stitch Fix

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stitch Fix in Oct 2020

Interview

Applied online, heard back soon after, initial interview with recruiter. Very normal questions, told her my background, interest in the role, etc. Said she would get back to me. Two days later told me they weren't interested in moving forward. I was confused so I asked why but she never responded. Pretty unprofessional, would not recommend.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your interest in this role.
2 people found this interview helpful

Stitch Fix

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Stitch Fix

Interview

Contacted by manager via Linkedin. 3 rounds of phone screen involving phone screen with manager to go over CV, followed by 1 round of coding (of medium difficulty level) and 1 round of ML design interview. This was followed by onsite of 6 rounds broken up into 2 half days. 2 ML design and 1 easy coding and stats round. Was rejected after 3 rounds of onsite. It seems they mostly use Python and do not know any other language (e.g. Java). Also, most of the DS team members seem to have come from a certain DS bootcamp, so they may have preferred bootcamp people over people with actual experience. Even though I had strong overlap with requirements in the job description, I didnt get an offer with the reason being skiils dont fit the job. The interview may have been a fishing expedition for them as well trying to find out what other competitors are doing. There is great PR around their data science team as mentioned by other people on glassdoor, but in the end it seems like they are just analysts who spend most of their time doing A/B tests. They should have at least done the full round of onsite interviews before rejecting a candidate. Don't waste your time interviewing here.

Interview Questions
  • 1 coding of medium difficulty. 3 ML design rounds of medium to hard difficulty related to Stitchfix use-cases. 1 coding and stats round of easy difficulty.
8 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (San Francisco, CA) in Apr 2020

Interview

30 min video call with the hiring manager: they talked about team, projects, etc 1 hour technical interview with a data scientist in the team. including 1 coding question, 1 ML question as a discussion with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
  • 1 coding question : Write a function for sampling from a multimodal distribution. Your inputs are: Keys (i.e. green, red, blue) Weights (i.e. 2, 3, 5.5) N (number of samples drawn from this distribution ( i.e. n=5) Output : list of n keys: Example n = 5: [blue, blue, blue, red, green] Hint: draw a rv of uniform distribution. Calculate the normalized weights for each key. - Machine Learning question : we have a list of items and how many times each item is purchased (range from 10 to 100000 times). For each user the probability of user buying each item is uniform (same across all users). Let’s say we have an item "A" that has been recommended 10 times, has been purchased 10 times. What is the long term probability of being purchased for this item ?
5 people found this interview helpful

Stitch Fix

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix

Interview

1. Get a phone call after 1 week of application submission by one of data scientist, and discuss the resume and projects 2. get a take home assessment to work in 6 hrs on the dataset they are currently working on 3. another phone screen to discuss the take-home assessment, but I can feel he already found another candidate he wanted..

Interview Questions
  • background and some details of take-home some questions are very vague, and really not sure what he want... many questions are open ended for me, bc the take-home is not well-designed from my perspective ... it would be better to ask questions related to statistics or machine learning directly... they don't use any fancy ml techniques, but emphasis the statistics
3 people found this interview helpful

Stitch Fix

Application

I interviewed at Stitch Fix

Interview

Great PR around their data science team. Great PR around the general business and product. However, I was ghosted after 3 interviews. Not sure if this is the norm but the hiring manager had previously worked at Uber so it’s possible some of the culture came with them.

Interview Questions
  • Past project overview and proceeded do dig deeper into topics/machine learning methods I brought up.
2 people found this interview helpful

Stitch Fix

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Stitch Fix

Interview

I have three rounds of phone interviews, while it really depends on the team. I know that the interview process of some other intern only takes two rounds and no coding test.

Interview Questions
  • 1st round: Projects on the resume 2nd round: machine learning knowledge and a bar raiser open-ended question. 3rd round: an easy-level coding problem.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2019

Interview

We did two phone screens, a full day of onsite interviews, then another final phone screen. I think generally they'd only do a single phone screen, but I screwed up the first one and they gave me a second chance. Process was hard, but very fair - they were pleasant the whole way through, and I enjoyed the challenges.

Interview Questions
  • How can you statistically test whether the mean of two groups is unequal?

Stitch Fix

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stitch Fix in Sep 2018

Interview

After a friendly coffee chat, I had two phone calls about statistical modeling. I then went onsite for a long day. Because I was interviewing for two possible roles, they put me through 7 hours of interviews. Half were statistical in nature, a few were engineering in nature, a few in product. The statistics and modeling questions were reasonable, but challenging. The engineering questions were extremely easy.

Interview Questions
  • Compare performance of two items and decide which should be selected for customers.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews

Popular Careers with Stitch Fix Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Stitch Fix? Share Your Experiences

Stitch Fix logo

Stitch Fix Careers

Cover image for Stitch Fix

Our people are bright, kind, and motivated by challenge. ...More

• Styling
  • Engineering and Tech
  • Corporate, CX and Ops
  • Community

Company Updates

45 days ago

Company News
We are excited to announce the launch of our 2022 Elevate Collection featuring designs from six Black entrepreneurs selected to participate in our annual grant and mentorship program, in partnership with Harlem's Fashion Row (HFR). This year’s collection includes women’s apparel and accessories brands Besida (Sophia Danner Okotie), BruceGlen (Bruce and Glen Proctor), Edas (Sade Mims), Gracemade (Jasmine Rennie), Megan Renee (Megan Smith) and Taylor Jay Collection (Taylor Jay). As part of the program, each designer works with our data science team to help refine their existing offerings and debut exclusive items only available at Stitch Fix. Congratulations to all!
Shared image - Stitch Fix Launches The 2022 Elevate Collection - Stitch Fix Newsroom
Stitch Fix Launches The 2022 Elevate Collection - Stitch Fix Newsroom
newsroom.stitchfix.com

173 days ago

Company News
We’re honored to be selected as a finalist for the Glossy Fashion Awards in the Most Inclusive Brand category. We create products and lines that are inclusive to all our clients at Stitch Fix: from harnessing our wealth of data and feedback to create Plus Size lines – and sharing it to help other brands do the same – to creating Elevate, a grant program to support and mentor designers of color. Read more about the Fashion Awards here: https://lnkd.in/gp7z_rvW and learn about our Elevate program here: https://lnkd.in/g4P-gWEX
Shared image - Skims and ThredUp are 2022 Glossy Fashion Award finalists
Skims and ThredUp are 2022 Glossy Fashion Award finalists
lnkd.in

Stitch Fix Photos

+ Add Photo
Stitch Fix photo of: Life at the Breezy- Atlanta Warehouse
Stitch Fix photo of: Our Offices
Stitch Fix photo of: Game Time!
Stitch Fix photo of: Workspaces and Meeting Places
Stitch Fix photo of: Office Space
Stitch Fix photo of: Eat up!
Stitch Fix photo of: Meeting? No Problem!

Expert Career Advice