Stock Building Supply Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stock Building Supply Interview Questions

2.2

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Stock Building Supply (Raleigh, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Spent time with the HR manager and then a group interview with the hiring team. I was then given a skills test. The whole process was less than 2 hours.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stock Building Supply (Raleigh, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

2 Stage Process - 1st with direct manager then market manager and regional manager. It was a pretty straightforward process, scheduled and managed by email and phone.

There was a heavy focus on customer service and ensuring you were a customer centric person. Questions were pretty easy, didn't have to have a ton of industry knowledge if you showed general business acumen.

Interview Questions

• What's the best way to ensure customer success & happiness   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Component Assembler I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stock Building Supply (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2013.

Interview

Started out as an orientation for possible temp employees, some get picked to report at a certain date an others do not. As temporary associates, employees then work for a certain amount of months for the company to hire them on full time. The process involved the drug screening, and I-9 verification.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know does past experiences relate to the business.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plant City, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stock Building Supply (Plant City, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

met in plant city with interviewing team of managers and i was not impressed with their presentation of what they expect of a new hire.The interviewing managers were all from building centers that were purchased by Stock Corporation.

Interview Questions

• are you a team player. will you bring new accounts to Stock.What territory are you going to pursue.
      we want you to sell drywall and rebar The rebar dept manager was not the brightest person,did nothing to increase sales.   1 Answer

Negotiation

stay away

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stock Building Supply (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Slow and not standard for a business of this size.

Interview Questions

• Will you be willing to accept this job not knowing if you will have a job week to week? Because of the company's financial situation.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stock Building Supply in April 2011.

Interview

Very thorough typical interview. Interviewers were respectful but also had difficult questions at times. Panel seemed to have already decided whom to hire. Interview consisted of providing a mock training.

Interview Questions

• How do you train in order to meet the needs of all participants?   Answer Question

Inventory Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stock Building Supply (Dallas, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

It was a basic get to know interview and a inaccurate description of the job. They didn't explain ALL of the duties.

Interview Questions

• What would your current or former employers say about you?   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stock Building Supply (Houston, TX) in June 2008.

Interview

Phone interview where they get an idea of your personality. Followed by a face to face where there are some technical questions about the industry, questions about you, the interviewer, and questions about customer service. Which is huge in this business

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between customer service and customer satisfaction.   1 Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stock Building Supply (Lancaster, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Very entry level interview. HR rep came on campuse asked questions rgarding major and backgroung. Invited to fly me to there headquater in S. Cali for a interview. 1 on 1 with f managers and was offered a position two weeks later