Stockamp & Associates Product Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Product Analyst

Create your profile to get personalized information

Stockamp & Associates Product Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Stockamp & Associates

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stockamp & Associates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stockamp & Associates (Portland, OR) in October 2009.

Interview

Stockamp came to campus to recruit at my university. I spoke with them at the career fair, then went to an information session. Interviews were a week or two later. The first day of interviews was one 45 minute interview with a recruiter and was mostly a behavioral interview. He asked a few "Tell me about a time when..." questions where he wanted to see how you had dealt with problems in the past or gone the extra mile. These questions gave an opportunity to talk about your work experience.

They then selected some people to move on the the second round of interviews the next day. The second round consisted of completing a math problem and a SQL problem (writing SQL code), and then two interviews: a technical interview and a case study. In the technical interview, the questions were fairly open-ended, and allowed you to demonstrate your technical knowledge. I found it somewhat difficult to know if what I answered was what he was looking for as the questions were so open. The case study was pretty intense. The interviewer read a paragraph describing a business scenario, and then asked questions about what information you would need to gather, how would you present this information to the business, etc. They wanted to test your critical thinking skills, and kept pushing for you to think of more ideas when you thought you had answered the question adequately.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stockamp & Associates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stockamp & Associates (Lake Oswego, OR) in November 2009.

Interview

On-campus recruiter performed a behavioral interview on campus. Standard questions such as tell me about a time when...(solved a problem, worked with a difficult person, etc.). Recruiter called me that night to schedule Case/Tech interview for the next day.
    Tech interview - database, networking, server, and OS questions (not "what is the answer to this tech question", but "describe your experience with...")
    Case interview - Recruiter walked me through a fictional case in which I had to gather requirements, problem solve, and present solutions for a hospital emergency room. Recruiter constantly asked "What else?" every time I gave an answer, which made me think I was missing something even if that wasn't the case.

Scheduled on-site visit for a couple weeks later. They made it sound like the job was pretty much mine. Product/tools introduction from a team lead, lunch with two analysts or associates, interview with a manager.

Product/tools intro - they made this sound like more of a training than anything else. Most of the time spent was listening to how things work, but there were two ridiculous problem solving questions that apparently lost me the job.

Manager Interview - mostly they were gauging my interest in the company (which was very high), goals, some resume clarification questions, etc...

Two days after getting home from the trip, they called and said I wasn't good enough in the problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Problem Solving #2 - You have 3 light switches and 1 light bulb controlled by only 1 switch in a room you can't see into. You can flip any or as many switches as you want and can check the room once. The next time you go into the room, you have to know for sure which switch controls the light bulb.   2 Answers
    • Problem Solving #1 - Given a 5 gallon bucket and a 3 gallon bucket with no measures. Measure exactly 4 gallons.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stockamp & Associates (Portland, OR) in February 2010.

Interview

I was called in for a 30 min behavioral interview at first. This interview consisted of your classic behavioral questions such as "tell me a time when you accepted losses to continue a project..." I made sure to give precise and detailed explanations of the situations I had been in for each of these questions. Overall this process went smoothly.

I was called the next night to return the following morning to conduct a full on 2 hour follow up interview. This interview consisted of a technical and a case study session. The case study session came first and involved the interviewer asking questions based on a scenario. The technical asked questions mainly concerned with SQL, databases and networking/IT. After this process I was called 3 days later to inform that I had passed unto the next round which will consist of them flying me down to Portland for a full day engagement.

Interview Questions

• Client is in charge of a medical wing in the hospital. The client wants to know why their patients are waiting for long periods of time to receive treatment. How can you go about finding out the information necessary to understand this issue?   1 Answer

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stockamp & Associates in November 2010.

Interview

The 2nd round interview consisted of two phases: technical interview, and case interview. You had to get there early to do a SQL and Math problem which was reviewed during the two interviews. Pretty intense, I've never seen that before.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember it exactly, but there was questions about Local Area Networks (networks in general), normalization (stay updated on what it is), and different experience with software.   Answer Question