Stone Brewing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stone Brewing Interview Questions

Interviews at Stone Brewing

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stone Brewing (Escondido, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

the process was slow and informal. took about two months in total. There was an on-site or video chat for people from far away. I am not sure that the intern position will be available in the future but it is worth emailing someone you know in the company or reaching out however you can because they don't usually post positions in a timely fashion.

Interview Questions

• what is your favorite beer?   1 Answer

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stone Brewing (Escondido, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, then a whole day of face to face interviews that kept me at their headquarters roughly 6 hours, then I had to come back for one last interview with the Director of IT.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that I found difficult to overcome at my previous place of work and how did I overcome it?   1 Answer

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stone Brewing (Escondido, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Over the course of three different days, I was interviewed by senior management as well as same position employees. All were very knowledgeable and asked pertinent questions for the position.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stone Brewing (San Diego, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

cattle call! interviewed when restaurant first opened. assembly line of interviewers. if you passed the first person, you moved on for a total of three interviews. Asked pretty basic questions about previous restaurant experience. A little nerve racking being around so many other people interviewing for the same position but overall not a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• what are the four main ingredients in beer? what are your favorite beers?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stone Brewing (Escondido, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Phone screener, then phone interview with HR Director, then individual interviews with 3 department heads and CEO. Followed by lengthy 1:1 interview with the person who would end up being my "right-hand" person. Offer was given by HR Director over the phone. When no negotiation was allowed, she emphasized future growth opportunities, including the strong likelihood of employee ownership, more competitive salaries, and improved benefits (none of which materialized, which is a common complaint among employees).

Interview Questions

• If a like-minded friend visits you from out of town, what are the 3 places you are likely to show them in San Diego?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was allowed

Management Interview

Interview

I applied for a position in which I met all of the stated qualifications. Plus I have 15 years of progressive career experience w 2 world class CPMG companies. However I received an email decline two to three weeks after applying. I know it sounds unhumble but I was surprised not to at least receive an exploratory phone call from a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• The application requests you to enter salary desired but only as one number.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stone Brewing (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Process begins with a couple phone interviews, and then a panel interview. Be ready with your favorite beers, and hangouts. they want you to be very into the local beer scene. They want you to be able to say what you like about specific beers and specific places. Have your CBS if you can get it in time, and make three copies of your resume.

Interview Questions

• The interview will get specific for solutions to situations you have faced. Have some things you have handled in mind. "Describe how you dealt with a difficult customer", and "describe a situation where you had conflict with a coworker are a couple"   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. it was 40k take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Online application was fairly long and tedious, required to input salary number. Met all requirements and experience but received an e-mail rejection the next day, I’m guessing it could have been because of the salary. Would be nice if they gave a range or allowed it to be discussed in the interview process.

Distribution Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stone Brewing (Richmond, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

First call from HR then follow-up phone interview with Director which i thought went well. Filled out an application and set up a face-to face the following week. The in-person interview seemed very rushed. I believe that when they saw my current salary noted on the job application i was at a disadvantage. No offer BUT i did receive two free beer tickets in the mail. Job had no traffic responsibilities which probably kept the salary lower than what i needed.

Interview Questions

• Oddest one was what book did you find inspiring.   1 Answer

Distribution Interview

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stone Brewing (Escondido, CA).

Interview

You meet with the leadership, they describe to the t what the job is and ask you if you really want to work there. They're is a bit of intimidation at first, but when you work there you realize it wasn't intimidating it was realistic. They are unconventional with some questions asked, but there is a method to their madness. Be on your toes and think logically