StoneMor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

StoneMor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at StoneMor (Memphis, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

I was notified by a recruiter.She asked several of questions over the phone (phone interview 1 hour) then she scheduled a face to face with manager.I applied for this position in April and it took them 3 weeks to contact me.Once the recruiter contacted me over the phone,I had a face to face with manager the very next day and was hired immediately

Interview Questions

• 3 things that motivate you and what is your weakness   1 Answer
    • Are you aware the job working hours 8am-5 pm 6 days a week   1 Answer

Trusting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trevose, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at StoneMor (Trevose, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I thought the interview process was very thorough. I first had a phone interview with HR. Next, I had an in-person interview with HR & the department manager. They had your typical questions, and I was also allowed to ask questions. It wasn't rushed and the interviewers didn't seem stressed, which gave off a good vibe of the company atmosphere. Make sure to follow up with a thank you letter for the interview & to complete an application online.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Describe yourself?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where there was a conflict at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at StoneMor (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very open and honest interview process. All of senior management was willing to tell me anything I needed to know to assess whether this was the job for me. I appreciated the candid nature of senior management

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at StoneMor (Fort Washington, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

this is a 4 part unnecessary interview that you have to have with 4 different people about 2 weeks apart. They lied to me in the interview about the job as well.

Family Service Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at StoneMor (New Castle, PA).

Interview

General interviewing process. 7-year background check. Lots of paper work. Quick hiring process. I started a couple days after being hired. You may have to interview with upper management also.

Interview Questions

• They ask about schedule flexibility.   1 Answer

Memorial Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at StoneMor.

Interview

Instead of I, the candidate, trying to sell myself to the prospective employer, it was the manager trying to sell the position to me. The turnover is so high, they are generally refilling the same position at the same location once or twice a year. During the process, I informed them I was also pursuing employment with another company that had high possibility of promotion to management in a year. The Stonemor rep quickly offered me management in 3 months. It never happened.

Interview Questions

• One question asked, but worded carefully for down-play, was essentially if I had a social or family life. This job requires you to stay until about 9 or 9:30pm two to three nights a week, and you come in most mornings at 9am, or earlier if their is a phone conference.   1 Answer

Sales Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at StoneMor in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I learned a lot about the company's history. I also learned a lot about growth opportunities. It definitely is a sales driven position but also someone who can show a lot of compassion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history? Why do you think you would be a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Sales Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at StoneMor.

Interview

I got a phone call two days after applying. I went to the interview, first sat down with location manager. After about 5 minutes he brought in the area manager and I talked to her. They were very responsive and seemed excited about the interview. At the end of the interview they said as long as my background check looked good, I would be employed.

Counslor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at StoneMor (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was more of a fact finding interview. Not real hard or intrusive. They made me feel comfortable and worked hard to make sure i was the right fit for the job.

Family Service Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at StoneMor (Birmingham, AL) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview Questions

• They hire anyone! They bring you on for 8 weeks guarantee then drop you to $7.25 an hour. They turned over 6 Administrators at our office in one year and a dozen or so Family Service Counselors!!   1 Answer