StoneMor "Family Service Counselor" Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2017

1.4

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at StoneMor (New Castle, PA).

Interview

General interviewing process. 7-year background check. Lots of paper work. Quick hiring process. I started a couple days after being hired. You may have to interview with upper management also.

Interview Questions

• They ask about schedule flexibility.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for StoneMor

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at StoneMor (Birmingham, AL) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview Questions

• They hire anyone! They bring you on for 8 weeks guarantee then drop you to $7.25 an hour. They turned over 6 Administrators at our office in one year and a dozen or so Family Service Counselors!!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at StoneMor (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

quick, they do not inform you that you are a telemarketer..... regardless of title, and that you will only get minimum wage, it was so informal and quick, and unprofessional. The Supervisor was late to the interview, only one other person in the office and had no clue I was coming to interview.

Interview Questions

• what type of background do you have?   1 Answer
    • The rest was story telling time.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at StoneMor (Birmingham, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

Great manager at that time very friendly intelligent interview was held at the office,then I filled out an application,and a release for a criminal back ground check and was told there would be two phone interviews of which I had one and was hired

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales experience ( I do not know when I went to the interview that this position was sales I thought it was counselor   1 Answer

Family Service Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at StoneMor in July 2014.

Interview

Looked at my resume and said you are hired. I met 2 managers the night before in a bar and actually was hired in the bar! The interview the next day lasted about 5 minutes, they gave me an application and some papers to read along with the Stone Mor manual.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at StoneMor (Dayton, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

I talked to the manager for about 15 minutes and then he said based on my background & degree if my background check was good i could start asap. No pressure but no real promise in the job.

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at StoneMor (Allentown, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by park manager and assistant manager who focused on stating a sales counselor could make 100,000 per year. Did not ask too much info about my background. Training consisted of sitting in with a counselor during hard sell meetings with actual families.

Interview Questions

• Do u have a another stream of income until you start making the big bucks, then you will qualify for our yearly trip.   1 Answer

Family Service Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at StoneMor in November 2012.

Interview

I called on an ad in the paper and the manager returned my call within a few hours. I had an interview the next day. She was very easy to talk to and made me feel this was a calling, not just a job. I started within a short time and it was an easy process.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing in a job like this?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is really no chance to negotiate. It's take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at StoneMor (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

My interview consisted of being taken around the property by the sales manager and being told that I would make $70,000 a year part time. She said that counselors were fed leads. Easy to make sales.

Interview Questions

• NO questions at all. Didn't ask me anything- just told me about her marvelous success   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. $8.00 an hour- which I was shocked and appalled at. But I was assured mega commissions so I thought I would give it a try.

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at StoneMor (Winston-Salem, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

easy as can be, they asked the easiest questions, and i already had the job before i went in, they just wanted to make sure that I was dressed nice, spoke well, was professional and did not have anything about me that they would not like or approve of, etc