Stoney River Legendary Steaks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stoney River Legendary Steaks

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stoney River Legendary Steaks (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Print out an application then walk in and talk to the hostess at the front. They will go let the manager know and once the manager comes out, they'll sit you down for an interview

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the restaurant industry?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stoney River Legendary Steaks (Towson, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Very quick. I finished an application and then directly after was taken to be interviewed. I don't think the process if normally this quick, but they were understaffed. The manager I spoke to asked me about my previous experience, my wine knowledge and my steak knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What is your wine knowledge?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stoney River Legendary Steaks (Towson, MD).

Interview

Manager sat me down and hard-balled me. Told me I would receive full-time with a lot more pay than everyone else if i gave him open availability. (This is not what happens, by the way.)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No - I was told I would get full-time with benefits and 401K if I gave open availability. However, I never received any of this.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stoney River Legendary Steaks (Memphis, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

Walked into a soon to open location. The interview process happens at the time of application so be ready! I had two interviews, wonderful management interview. Was a bit long of a wait (2 hours) this included both interviews and a lot of waiting time.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? What makes you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was simply offered the job. No negotiation.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stoney River Legendary Steaks.

Interview

Walked in to grab application, 2 interviews on the spot. Basic questions and basic application. I was caught really off guard because I just asked for an application. I talked to both a manager and the GM. Be prepared the day you get an application for all interviews. It felt a bit disorganized, but you have to be ready and make eye contact.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the restaurant industry?   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Interview

I interviewed with the head chef and we discussed expectations and experiences. We basically just discussed operations and day to day functions of an hourly employee. I also interviewed with the general manager. Had a formal orientation after hired and filled out all necessary paper work during this time.

Server's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stoney River Legendary Steaks (Duluth, GA) in June 2009.

Interview

Filled out written application. Had a friend working there at the time so he was able to refer me to his supervisor. Got called in for an interview, and after the first interview I was hired

Interview Questions

• All questions were very simple. Not a job requiring too much cognitive ability   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't try and ask for higher hourly pay. The tip shares you get are untaxed and I ended up making ~$100 per week through almost solely the tip shares.