Stony Brook University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Computer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Students are invited for a group interview. In hindsight, it was not too stressful at all. I don't remember the specific questions asked but the interview itself consisted of a group of at least 8 people.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stony Brook University.

Interview

Group interview that generally looks for teamwork and computer knowledge. The interview is a large group interview of between 20 to 30 candidates. Questions are asked around the room until you move into a group setting of about 3 to 4 candidates each. Your group is assigned a task to complete testing your leadership and teamwork skills.

Peer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

There was an online application and then in person interviews which lasted about 1 hour. The entire process was fairly simple. Questions were personality based, with one or two scenario based questions to gauge "technical" ability.

Interview Questions

• If you felt a situation became out of your control, who would you contact?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted a Google form that included the courses I was interested in tutoring and had to answer a couple of short response questions. To be qualified to tutor a course, a instructor has to provide a recommendation. After the submission of my application I received a confirmation but had to wait until the recommendation was submitted before being offered an interview. The interview was straight forward and I had the option of having it in person or through Skype since this was before the school year had started. There were three Graduate Assistants but they were all very nice and made me feel very comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Conducted by two graduate assistants. They asked me questions regarding my previous tutoring abilities and how I would resolve situations that regarded difficulties with them. Overall, it went similarly to many undergraduate leadership position interviews

Interview Questions

• If a student asked you to help them with homework or give them an answer to the homework, what would you have done?   Answer Question

Peer Tutor Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stony Brook University.

Interview

Very friendly group of people, nice work environment. Easy application: fill out a short Google form, get a recommendation from a professor, and interview with a graduate assistant. I received a decision within ten minutes after my interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you suspected a tutee was just trying to get answers on an assignment?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself and why you want to be a tutor.   Answer Question

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stony Brook University (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied and received an email the next day requesting to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted 45 minutes. I followed up 2 weeks later and was told they hadn't made their decision but that I was not one of the top candidates being considered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict between other lab members   Answer Question

Client Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I was asked about my work experiences dealing with customers. I didn't have a strong technical background, but the interviewees were able to overlook this because they needed more students working. They were very polite and interested in my background.

Interview Questions

• Q: What strategy would you employ if you were following procedure and a personal computer's memory was wiped? Would you feel comfortable explaining this to a fellow student?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

quick interview some chit chat and review of resume

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The first interview was scheduled with 5 people. They asked specific questions about the job which I answered well. I passed the first one and was chosen for the final interview with another candidate. The second interview was with more senior staff and they asked more general questions. I didn't get the offer in the end.