Stony Brook University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stony Brook University Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.2

Peer Tutor Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stony Brook University.

Interview

Very friendly group of people, nice work environment. Easy application: fill out a short Google form, get a recommendation from a professor, and interview with a graduate assistant. I received a decision within ten minutes after my interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you suspected a tutee was just trying to get answers on an assignment?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself and why you want to be a tutor.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Stony Brook University (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Ask about general questions. No technical problems since the job is easy. The interview is short and easy. They hire 10 graduate students to help them build the platform. Most of them have computer science experiences.

Interview Questions

• How will deal with unreasonable people?   1 Answer

Desk Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

You are herded into a room with various other people who applied for the Desk Monitor job. Each interview is roughly ten to fifteen minutes long. They'll ask you about previous work experience and how familiar you are with the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the duties of a Desk Monitor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to pick what hours I was wiling to work based off of open spots. However, pay is fixed and increases based on how many semesters one has the job for.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stony Brook University.

Interview

One group interview where they asked you to make a team of 3-4 people. You have to work together to come up with a product. It can be anything, they just want to see you do teamwork

Therapy Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stony Brook University.

Interview

straight face to face interview
    Four Officials interviewed me
    Each one had two or three questions from different perspective.
    One person asked me about my consistency in my professional working experience.
    Other person asked me about the clinical crisis management situations.
    Another question was about a situation and how i would have handled that?

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
      If we Select you, how would you be a productive candidate for the well-being of this institution?
      Answer Question

Got a better deal

Interview

there's no hiring process for getting a teaching assistant position. all you do is submit your application online when applying to graduate school. Only advice i would have is find a professor whose research you are interested in. This is advice for any school you apply to

Application

Interview

SImple interview basic qustions it was fast and easy going it didnt require a lot of experience because training is provided. Training consisted of three days and was paid training so that was a positive as well

Computer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stony Brook University.

Interview

Group interview that generally looks for teamwork and computer knowledge. The interview is a large group interview of between 20 to 30 candidates. Questions are asked around the room until you move into a group setting of about 3 to 4 candidates each. Your group is assigned a task to complete testing your leadership and teamwork skills.

Dining Hall Job Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stony Brook University in March 2016.

Interview

There was no formal interview. Jus t met with the recruiter and she asked me to briefly describe myself and have my documents to work. The whole process was quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working the registry, working behind the kitchen and etc?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stony Brook University.

Interview

We make an assignment by email. After few days, I meet the professor in his office and talk about some possible projects ongoing. I make an introduce of myself. Professor get to know what my interest and my ability is.