Stop & Shop Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

1.5

74 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Well Manager was late coming in, I was on time in fact I was early. Once I met her and started interview it went very well. We were both impressed with each other. I was told I would get a call back with in the next week and I did, was offered a job but for deli clerk I accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want a job here.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Stop & Shop

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was fairly simple, the manager asked me about availability and what I would rather prefer, cashier or stock person. He was very kind and straight to the point. Overall, it was a good experience, if your nervous about it, don't be too much. It's nothing super special that they will kill you over it.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strongest attributes?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Springfield, MA).

Interview

I filled out an application online (my uncle is a manager for the company so he also put in a word for me). They called me and had me come in and fill out paperwork for the job, I didn't have a formal interview because my Uncle had basically got me hired. I assume their interview questions are not complicated at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flatbush, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Flatbush, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Asstistant rants at you directly in front of our loyal paying customers. Had no idea i was there for my interview..He was 45 mins late. I was 15 mins early. I watched inappropriate happenings during this time.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on working for stop and shop if hired? What was your previous job? Where do I live.   1 Answer
    • What made your family live in a homeless shelter?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

I was thoroughly surprised by the process because I was not asked absolutely any other questions other than my availability and information to perform a background check. I interviewed back in summer 2015. It was fairly simple and was only a matter of me showing up and expressing interest to the hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Cromwell, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Cromwell, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got called for an interview within 2 wks of submitting my application. Person on the phone was friendly & asked if I could come in for an interview the next day. The next day, I was interviewed by the store manager, he asked about my availability & my experience. The job interview was approximately 15 minutes. At the end, he offered me the job of cashier for the amount of the current minimum wage & asked me to fill out a form for a background check. He submitted my background check that same day & called me back 2 hrs later after the interview with the results & asked me to return in 2 days to complete my new hire paperwork & to start orientation the day after that. Just so you know, I have 3 misdemeanors on my record (criminal impersonation/ disorderly conduct & failure to appear) & have a pending case for larceny 6, but I was still hired, so don't give up, to those who have similar circumstances as me. No drug test was required.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I walked into the room and was greeted by the hiring manager and he left the room came back 30 minutes later and told me I was hired, I was confused because I was expecting a few questions but wasn't really asked any

Interview Questions

• Have you committed any crimes in the past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was an average interview with normal questions. I'm not sure for anybody else but when I was finished with my interview, I was immediately told that I got the job

Anonymous Employee in Wethersfield, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Wethersfield, CT).

Interview

I applied online. Two meetings with manager. One to interview you and the next to sign papers. The interview is very easy and they ask more for experience and availability.

Anonymous Employee in Ringwood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Ringwood, NJ).

Interview

I applied online, got a call not even 24 hours later. Interview was easy, it was mostly them explaining the position, the union, the wages, and about customer service. They asked me questions about myself (school, major, where I live), and they asked me maybe 2 questions about my old job. I was there for 10 minutes. Then we scheduled a day to come in for a background check the next week. Once that was over, I started working a couple days after that.