Stop & Shop Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stop & Shop Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

1.4

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was fairly simple, the manager asked me about availability and what I would rather prefer, cashier or stock person. He was very kind and straight to the point. Overall, it was a good experience, if your nervous about it, don't be too much. It's nothing super special that they will kill you over it.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strongest attributes?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Stop & Shop

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Springfield, MA).

Interview

I filled out an application online (my uncle is a manager for the company so he also put in a word for me). They called me and had me come in and fill out paperwork for the job, I didn't have a formal interview because my Uncle had basically got me hired. I assume their interview questions are not complicated at all.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

I was thoroughly surprised by the process because I was not asked absolutely any other questions other than my availability and information to perform a background check. I interviewed back in summer 2015. It was fairly simple and was only a matter of me showing up and expressing interest to the hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I walked into the room and was greeted by the hiring manager and he left the room came back 30 minutes later and told me I was hired, I was confused because I was expecting a few questions but wasn't really asked any

Anonymous Employee in Wethersfield, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Wethersfield, CT).

Interview

I applied online. Two meetings with manager. One to interview you and the next to sign papers. The interview is very easy and they ask more for experience and availability.

Anonymous Employee in Ringwood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Ringwood, NJ).

Interview

I applied online, got a call not even 24 hours later. Interview was easy, it was mostly them explaining the position, the union, the wages, and about customer service. They asked me questions about myself (school, major, where I live), and they asked me maybe 2 questions about my old job. I was there for 10 minutes. Then we scheduled a day to come in for a background check the next week. Once that was over, I started working a couple days after that.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (New York, NY).

Interview

2 meetings with management
     One to interview you and the next to sign papers and train
     The interview is very easy and they only ask for experience and availability

Anonymous Employee in Watchung, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Watchung, NJ).

Interview

The application process took about a week 1/2. I applied, I received a call about a week later. Once I got the job I started 2 days later. It was an easy commute, my co-workers & managers were nice & chill. The position is very hands on, you will learn to do a lot of other things. You will not just be standing behind a register all day.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to close?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (New Brunswick, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Very easy. Took about two weeks. The company first gave me a phone screening and then moved to an in person interview. They let me know about 2 weeks after my interview that I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrick, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Merrick, NY).

Interview

Filled out application online, then I received a call a few days later telling me to come in for an interview. Arrived early for the interview, was told to come back because she wasn't there. I came back about two hours later and was taken to an office room where I was questioned by the manager, and person who called me.