Stop & Shop Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017

1.5

75 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in West Hempstead, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (West Hempstead, NY).

Interview

I came in, sat down, and was asked a few questions about my previous job history and what kind of job i was looking for. Gave a little enough on what jobs there were offering

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stop & Shop

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Well Manager was late coming in, I was on time in fact I was early. Once I met her and started interview it went very well. We were both impressed with each other. I was told I would get a call back with in the next week and I did, was offered a job but for deli clerk I accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want a job here.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was fairly simple, the manager asked me about availability and what I would rather prefer, cashier or stock person. He was very kind and straight to the point. Overall, it was a good experience, if your nervous about it, don't be too much. It's nothing super special that they will kill you over it.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strongest attributes?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Springfield, MA).

Interview

I filled out an application online (my uncle is a manager for the company so he also put in a word for me). They called me and had me come in and fill out paperwork for the job, I didn't have a formal interview because my Uncle had basically got me hired. I assume their interview questions are not complicated at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flatbush, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Flatbush, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Asstistant rants at you directly in front of our loyal paying customers. Had no idea i was there for my interview..He was 45 mins late. I was 15 mins early. I watched inappropriate happenings during this time.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on working for stop and shop if hired? What was your previous job? Where do I live.   1 Answer
    • What made your family live in a homeless shelter?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

I was thoroughly surprised by the process because I was not asked absolutely any other questions other than my availability and information to perform a background check. I interviewed back in summer 2015. It was fairly simple and was only a matter of me showing up and expressing interest to the hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Cromwell, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Cromwell, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got called for an interview within 2 wks of submitting my application. Person on the phone was friendly & asked if I could come in for an interview the next day. The next day, I was interviewed by the store manager, he asked about my availability & my experience. The job interview was approximately 15 minutes. At the end, he offered me the job of cashier for the amount of the current minimum wage & asked me to fill out a form for a background check. He submitted my background check that same day & called me back 2 hrs later after the interview with the results & asked me to return in 2 days to complete my new hire paperwork & to start orientation the day after that. Just so you know, I have 3 misdemeanors on my record (criminal impersonation/ disorderly conduct & failure to appear) & have a pending case for larceny 6, but I was still hired, so don't give up, to those who have similar circumstances as me. No drug test was required.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I walked into the room and was greeted by the hiring manager and he left the room came back 30 minutes later and told me I was hired, I was confused because I was expecting a few questions but wasn't really asked any

Interview Questions

• Have you committed any crimes in the past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was an average interview with normal questions. I'm not sure for anybody else but when I was finished with my interview, I was immediately told that I got the job

Anonymous Employee in Wethersfield, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Wethersfield, CT).

Interview

I applied online. Two meetings with manager. One to interview you and the next to sign papers. The interview is very easy and they ask more for experience and availability.