Stop & Shop Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stop & Shop Clerk Interview Questions

1.5

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, and their system is in dire need of an upgrade. You can't go back to previous pages in the application, not even with your browser's back button. Only once the application is nearly finished can you review it. There is no option to save or continue later, so you'll need to start over if you get interrupted. And before you can begin, you're required to give your SSN. You're then asked broad and vague multiple choice questions that are like a psychological test. I answered as honestly as I could with the available choices.

I got a call about 2 weeks later to schedule an interview. The first batch of questions were related to my availability, previous experience, and if I was legally allowed to work. The rest were rather outdated questions that never accurately judge someone's abilities. Nothing was mentioned about the company or the positions I applied for, save for how customer service is important.

While the hiring manager seemed friendly, she didn't take any notes or record my answers. I had some questions, but was only able to ask two of them. Why are these positions open? Is there a number I can call to follow up if need be? Her responses were long-winded, and barely answered my questions. She also implied following up wasn't a good idea, and that I should wait a couple weeks before calling the store. She ended the interview before I could ask anything else. Once I'd left the office and gotten out of sight, I heard her start yelling at an employee who'd come to ask her about something.

I think their hiring process could use some improvement. It's not terrible, but it's not great, either.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stop & Shop

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

You will wait for awhile for the manager to come down to talk to you, but they are super pleasant and meet with you for as long as needed. Once you get upstairs, you pretty much already work here so relax, but be honest about your availability. Nothing will get you on their crap list faster than saying you are available 24/7, and then tell them you can only work on Sundays. You will end up on carriages.

Interview Questions

• When they ask what role you are applying for, don't apply for carriages, porter, or bagger. Aim higher, the other employees will help you out if you get hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Union job, no negotiations available

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop in April 2011.

Interview

Basic interview process, mostly behavioral questions

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Quick 10 minute interview where I was simply asked which hours and days I could work.

Interview Questions

• There were no real questions of merit as it was a simple Q&A of work availability.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No the pay is minimum wage, even lower with union fees.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop in August 2010.

Interview

there was a long self assessment evaluation online multiple choice questionnaire. I lied on every question and gave the best answer. I received a call for an opening, I said I was interested. an appointment was set up. They didn't ask me any questions!!!

Negotiation

none, set salary