Stop & Shop Deli Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stop & Shop Deli Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (New York, NY).

Interview

Was real simple. Hiring manager was down to earth. She just wanted to know how hard I worked and my background. As far as the army goes. The store manager was cool. Department manager was try to get with me until I told him I don't swing that way.. other then that it a wonderful play to work customers are friendly.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in the position your applying for?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Simple sit down in casual jeans and t-shirt in one of the meeting areas on the second floor. Spoke with one of the assistant store managers about the position applied for, the essentials for how the department runs, and then followed up with availability. Extremely straight forward. If you get an interview, you are hired.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

The first interview was a lot longer than I expected. It ran for about 45 minutes. The manager first sat down and did introductions, but then went into greater detail about himself. His family, job history, favorite food, pets, etc. Then he asked me to tell him about myself like he just did. That was followed by questions about any previous customer service exp. I mightve had, availability, and then a series of situational questions.That was basically it. I went home and he ran the background test right after and got back to me that night scheduling a second meetup. I thought it'd be another interview but turns out I got the job. I applied as a courtesy clerk initially, but they needed someone in the bake shop asap, so I was hired as a cashier, but put in the bake shop due to need. Because I'm going to school in the fall, this was meant to be more of a summer thing but I might come back during breaks and whatnot for a little extra money in the bank.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Got a phone call about a week after applying online, showed up the following day, asked me a question or two then offered me the job, assuming I passed background check. I did and was hired the following day and started the next week. They said they usually like the new hires to meet with the store manager before hiring, but I met him afterwards.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

It was more of an informal interview. Casual simple and to the point. I sat down with the store manager for approximately 45 minutes to discuss what the work would entail and what was to be expected of me. Accepted job offer same day, started working roughly a week later.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance when you had to deal with a unruly customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Standard Procedure; Went in and asked how to apply and I filled out an online application and received a phone call from management for a follow up interview. When I went in for the follow up I met with one of the store managers, was asked a few about work experience and person questions and that was it.

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Berlin, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

The store manager was very knowledgeable and courteous and helpful. He asked my previous experience regarding working in retail and answered that I had many years experience. He informed me that I would have to work Sundays, as does everyone, and asked if that was a problem. I answered it was not a problem. He explained Sunday work gets extra pay.

Interview Questions

• will you come to work when it snows?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't much negotiation. It was explained that I could get 15 hours a week minimum but it could be more week to week. Each week would be different.

Anonymous Employee in Levittown, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Levittown, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

This process took more than four hours. The manager that was helping me was constantly leaving to do other tasks and told me to wait for her. Then criticised me for not having clocked out on time when I didn't even know how to clock out. Keep in mind this is my first job. She was supposed to teach me. I watched multiple videos involving food allergies and hygiene. Then about security and insurance. Answered questions. Waited for her. Some of it had to be done in a second day because it took more time than what was specified. Then they fingerprint you like in prison. You're in the system after 30 days. It is incredibly mechanical. Then they ask you what hours are good for you. You give those hours. In no time at all they constantly inconvenience you. It never ends. They explain the purpose of the store background information ways of getting job terminated and never regarding for a split second that the worker is human and not a mechanical part of the machine culture that corporate greed originates. Then after about a week they let you start actually working.

Interview Questions

• What do you plan to do in college?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Single interview process, dress appropriately. Typical questions regarding previous customer service experience. Focus on customer service as a personal job priority during the interview. Knowledge of fractions a must (it is surprising how many people are hired who struggle with basic fractions)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation as Stop and Shop is a Union shop.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Pretty simple. Applied online. Received a call and talked to the hiring manager. I had previous experience in deli so it was pretty cut and dry. I started the following week.