Stop & Shop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017

1.6

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Levittown, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Levittown, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

This process took more than four hours. The manager that was helping me was constantly leaving to do other tasks and told me to wait for her. Then criticised me for not having clocked out on time when I didn't even know how to clock out. Keep in mind this is my first job. She was supposed to teach me. I watched multiple videos involving food allergies and hygiene. Then about security and insurance. Answered questions. Waited for her. Some of it had to be done in a second day because it took more time than what was specified. Then they fingerprint you like in prison. You're in the system after 30 days. It is incredibly mechanical. Then they ask you what hours are good for you. You give those hours. In no time at all they constantly inconvenience you. It never ends. They explain the purpose of the store background information ways of getting job terminated and never regarding for a split second that the worker is human and not a mechanical part of the machine culture that corporate greed originates. Then after about a week they let you start actually working.

Interview Questions

• What do you plan to do in college?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrick, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Merrick, NY).

Interview

Filled out application online, then I received a call a few days later telling me to come in for an interview. Arrived early for the interview, was told to come back because she wasn't there. I came back about two hours later and was taken to an office room where I was questioned by the manager, and person who called me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the District Director and Human Resource Manager. Interview was fair. Questions were geared more towards life experience. District Director seemed very invested in the position and wanted someone who was in it for the long haul.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

Boss helped, was nice, etc. He/she owned this store, and was very organized, and store was very clean. The boss also raised pay for employees, he/she told me. Very nice, but I have a new job.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Conducted initial interview with myself the candidate and district HR manager. Next step was with regional manager and regional HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was referring to most complicated interaction(s) with a previous supervisor and how it was dealt with, and the end result.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Facility Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop in June 2010.

Interview

They spent a lot of time trying to find the perfect person

Stocks/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online first, and then got a call a few days later asking me to come for an interview. I ask her what I need to bring and she lists the specific documents I need to bring with me. I come, prepared, and the lady who's supposed to interview me makes me wait 30 minutes. Since I'm desperate for a paying job, I wait, even if there's no place to sit and my legs are killing me. She brings me over to her office and I find out I needed to bring another document with me, except she forgot to tell me. So I ask her when I can come and she says the next day. I come in the next day and am told she's too busy, and to come back in an hour. I come back in an hour, she makes me wait another 30 minutes, and during that time, I see her snap rudely at some young employees. At this point, I already made up my mind and decided to walk out. If I'm going to be treated terribly and paid minimum wage, I might as well get free food out of it, so I decided to apply at Shake Shack/McD's instead. Good riddance. Have fun in your dying, poorly managed store.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Quincy, MA).

Interview

Briefly interview was rather informal i found it, general question like why want work for stop and shop, what kind of job and hours looking for, what experience you have, what starting wage your seeking . Willing to take a drug test and background check, have you worked in a retail business before what former employers have you had

Interview Questions

• Why donyiu want come to work for stop and shop   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Assonet, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Assonet, MA).

Interview

Interview Questions

• This business should be ashamed of itself. It is one of the most disgustingly abusive facilities I have come across in terms of employee treatment and the CEOs should be arrested for the perpetuation of inhumane conditions. Workers are regularly forced to work for 13 plus hour days without proper breaks, to handle feces and corroded produce without standard protective equipment, and are regularly subjected to a hostile work environment. Whatever their public face, this company is in gross violation of worker's rights and the only reason they have not yet been exposed for their atrocities is because they openly threaten their workers. Anyone with a shred of social decency should boycott this business and for the sake of your health and sanity, please do not ever, ever consider working here!!!   1 Answer

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Berlin, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

The store manager was very knowledgeable and courteous and helpful. He asked my previous experience regarding working in retail and answered that I had many years experience. He informed me that I would have to work Sundays, as does everyone, and asked if that was a problem. I answered it was not a problem. He explained Sunday work gets extra pay.

Interview Questions

• will you come to work when it snows?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't much negotiation. It was explained that I could get 15 hours a week minimum but it could be more week to week. Each week would be different.