Stop & Shop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stop & Shop Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2017

1.6

AC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (New Delhi (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

AC cool machine inside gas mafron1.5tan in Ac gas in 900gmWork so good and some other thing works time 8 hour work one day holiday weekend and we can do that and I am not a good time for me to get to the sender immediately

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Well Manager was late coming in, I was on time in fact I was early. Once I met her and started interview it went very well. We were both impressed with each other. I was told I would get a call back with in the next week and I did, was offered a job but for deli clerk I accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want a job here.   1 Answer

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Hartford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Very simple and to the point. One of the best I've had over the years.Not a lot of useless questions.I had to go through 3 different people,but all were very nice and not harsh or pushy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like working night shift hours, and will you be able to stay awake?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Bronx, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was about 15 minutes and straight to the point. The manager explained some of the things i would be responsible for if i got the position. She asked what was my schedule like as of that moment and how soon would i be able to start.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this company?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Flushing, NY).

Interview

Very brief, and straightforward. I was interviewed by two managers, who were very nice. They emphasized that: excellent customer service, friendliness, urgency, and team work; is a must. One of the easier interviews I've been on, I wouldn't sweat it.

Stocks/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online first, and then got a call a few days later asking me to come for an interview. I ask her what I need to bring and she lists the specific documents I need to bring with me. I come, prepared, and the lady who's supposed to interview me makes me wait 30 minutes. Since I'm desperate for a paying job, I wait, even if there's no place to sit and my legs are killing me. She brings me over to her office and I find out I needed to bring another document with me, except she forgot to tell me. So I ask her when I can come and she says the next day. I come in the next day and am told she's too busy, and to come back in an hour. I come back in an hour, she makes me wait another 30 minutes, and during that time, I see her snap rudely at some young employees. At this point, I already made up my mind and decided to walk out. If I'm going to be treated terribly and paid minimum wage, I might as well get free food out of it, so I decided to apply at Shake Shack/McD's instead. Good riddance. Have fun in your dying, poorly managed store.

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Applied online in Connecticut. Heard back less than a week later and was asked to come in to interview. Came in about 10 minutes early and sat down with the hiring guy, asked me about my hobbies and interests, wanted to talk about availability and then pending a background check offered me the job on the spot. Interview was on a monday and was offered the job on friday. Some other glass door reviews were not wrong, this is a very simple interview process. Unless the background check fails, I think if you get an interview you've probably already passed some kind of preliminary check and will like get offered a job if you're not a complete weirdo and consent to the times they ask you. I wanted a different position and time they offered, but produce was one of the several I did check off. I wanted mornings and early afternoons and was told I'd work late afternoons into the evenings which isn't so bad because my store is not very busy and not 24 hours. Whole process took 6 days from application to interview, 4 days from interview to hire, and 5 days from hire to start training. About 2 weeks total.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Levittown, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Levittown, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

This process took more than four hours. The manager that was helping me was constantly leaving to do other tasks and told me to wait for her. Then criticised me for not having clocked out on time when I didn't even know how to clock out. Keep in mind this is my first job. She was supposed to teach me. I watched multiple videos involving food allergies and hygiene. Then about security and insurance. Answered questions. Waited for her. Some of it had to be done in a second day because it took more time than what was specified. Then they fingerprint you like in prison. You're in the system after 30 days. It is incredibly mechanical. Then they ask you what hours are good for you. You give those hours. In no time at all they constantly inconvenience you. It never ends. They explain the purpose of the store background information ways of getting job terminated and never regarding for a split second that the worker is human and not a mechanical part of the machine culture that corporate greed originates. Then after about a week they let you start actually working.

Interview Questions

• What do you plan to do in college?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cromwell, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Cromwell, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got called for an interview within 2 wks of submitting my application. Person on the phone was friendly & asked if I could come in for an interview the next day. The next day, I was interviewed by the store manager, he asked about my availability & my experience. The job interview was approximately 15 minutes. At the end, he offered me the job of cashier for the amount of the current minimum wage & asked me to fill out a form for a background check. He submitted my background check that same day & called me back 2 hrs later after the interview with the results & asked me to return in 2 days to complete my new hire paperwork & to start orientation the day after that. Just so you know, I have 3 misdemeanors on my record (criminal impersonation/ disorderly conduct & failure to appear) & have a pending case for larceny 6, but I was still hired, so don't give up, to those who have similar circumstances as me. No drug test was required.

Anonymous Employee in Bay Shore, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Bay Shore, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy. You apply online. They call you or you just walk in the store and pull your application. You go in, speak with a manager. No in depth questions. They just tell you about the job and and what's expected of you. A

Interview Questions

• None. Just asked if I had retail experience and told me about the job.   Answer Question