Stop & Shop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stop & Shop Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2017

1.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

I was thoroughly surprised by the process because I was not asked absolutely any other questions other than my availability and information to perform a background check. I interviewed back in summer 2015. It was fairly simple and was only a matter of me showing up and expressing interest to the hiring manager.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Quincy, MA).

Interview

Briefly interview was rather informal i found it, general question like why want work for stop and shop, what kind of job and hours looking for, what experience you have, what starting wage your seeking . Willing to take a drug test and background check, have you worked in a retail business before what former employers have you had

Interview Questions

• Why donyiu want come to work for stop and shop   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cromwell, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Cromwell, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got called for an interview within 2 wks of submitting my application. Person on the phone was friendly & asked if I could come in for an interview the next day. The next day, I was interviewed by the store manager, he asked about my availability & my experience. The job interview was approximately 15 minutes. At the end, he offered me the job of cashier for the amount of the current minimum wage & asked me to fill out a form for a background check. He submitted my background check that same day & called me back 2 hrs later after the interview with the results & asked me to return in 2 days to complete my new hire paperwork & to start orientation the day after that. Just so you know, I have 3 misdemeanors on my record (criminal impersonation/ disorderly conduct & failure to appear) & have a pending case for larceny 6, but I was still hired, so don't give up, to those who have similar circumstances as me. No drug test was required.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Simple sit down in casual jeans and t-shirt in one of the meeting areas on the second floor. Spoke with one of the assistant store managers about the position applied for, the essentials for how the department runs, and then followed up with availability. Extremely straight forward. If you get an interview, you are hired.

Produce Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stop & Shop in November 2016.

Interview

It was fairly simple... nothing to be worries about. Great people and just be yourself and honest you will be fine. I came on time answered the questions that was being asked. it was fasted like he already had his mind made up.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I walked into the room and was greeted by the hiring manager and he left the room came back 30 minutes later and told me I was hired, I was confused because I was expecting a few questions but wasn't really asked any

Interview Questions

• Have you committed any crimes in the past?   1 Answer

Front End Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Unionville, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Unionville, CT).

Interview

It was quite yasy. They asked me a few questions and I got the job. I interviewed with the store manager. She was friendly and I was offered the job very quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Wethersfield, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Wethersfield, CT).

Interview

I applied online. Two meetings with manager. One to interview you and the next to sign papers. The interview is very easy and they ask more for experience and availability.

Night Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Staten Island, NY).

Interview

From my perspective, The interview was very informative. Although this was my first job interview, The manager basically explains the role that you had applied for and what the union is all about and how it works, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Ringwood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Ringwood, NJ).

Interview

I applied online, got a call not even 24 hours later. Interview was easy, it was mostly them explaining the position, the union, the wages, and about customer service. They asked me questions about myself (school, major, where I live), and they asked me maybe 2 questions about my old job. I was there for 10 minutes. Then we scheduled a day to come in for a background check the next week. Once that was over, I started working a couple days after that.