Stop & Shop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017

1.6

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Staten Island, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online to the Stop & Shop in Staten Island, NY. Was a very basic interview nothing really much more. The manager basically explains the union and how it works, Your job role, And availability. Since this was my very first job interview and i wasn't prepared at all, I unfortunately didn't get the job.

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Smithfield, RI) in August 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume and followed up with a phone call. I was contacted by my boss and scheduled an interview. I had 2 interviews and started working the following week.

Anonymous Employee in Watchung, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Watchung, NJ).

Interview

The application process took about a week 1/2. I applied, I received a call about a week later. Once I got the job I started 2 days later. It was an easy commute, my co-workers & managers were nice & chill. The position is very hands on, you will learn to do a lot of other things. You will not just be standing behind a register all day.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to close?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

The first interview was a lot longer than I expected. It ran for about 45 minutes. The manager first sat down and did introductions, but then went into greater detail about himself. His family, job history, favorite food, pets, etc. Then he asked me to tell him about myself like he just did. That was followed by questions about any previous customer service exp. I mightve had, availability, and then a series of situational questions.That was basically it. I went home and he ran the background test right after and got back to me that night scheduling a second meetup. I thought it'd be another interview but turns out I got the job. I applied as a courtesy clerk initially, but they needed someone in the bake shop asap, so I was hired as a cashier, but put in the bake shop due to need. Because I'm going to school in the fall, this was meant to be more of a summer thing but I might come back during breaks and whatnot for a little extra money in the bank.

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (New Brunswick, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Very easy. Took about two weeks. The company first gave me a phone screening and then moved to an in person interview. They let me know about 2 weeks after my interview that I got the job.

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, CT

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Monroe, CT).

Interview

I applied online and they got back to me within a week or 2. I came in for an interview and they showed me around the store and my station and I came in a couple days after that for my first training.

Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brockton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Brockton, MA).

Interview

I met the supervisor in her office as she asked me a few personality questions and then told me about the positions and requirements then i had to do a drug sqreening along with a personality test

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrick, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Merrick, NY).

Interview

Filled out application online, then I received a call a few days later telling me to come in for an interview. Arrived early for the interview, was told to come back because she wasn't there. I came back about two hours later and was taken to an office room where I was questioned by the manager, and person who called me.

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (East Hartford, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

2 part interview process. One is with the CSM. He went and asked one page question. Went into details about the union, pay and hours and about the company and your room for growth. Filled out a background check on the computer. There is a second interview with your direct manager. Who again goes over the job and what it entails and then gives you an oversight of opportunities for growth. I was then presented with a job offer. The interview is very casual no need to show up all dressed up just be your self and be cheerful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, the pay is set, raises are set, hour allotment is set. It's a Union based company so everything is set in stone in a way.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Norwood, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

He called and asked me if I have a 15min for phone interview, I wasn't ready for it but I have done it anyway, called for in person interview.
    Overall experience was very easy and casual.
    I did ask some question about company and he seems to be happy about question

Interview Questions

• what is biggest accomplishment?   2 Answers