Stop & Shop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 4, 2017

1.6

Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brockton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Brockton, MA).

Interview

I met the supervisor in her office as she asked me a few personality questions and then told me about the positions and requirements then i had to do a drug sqreening along with a personality test

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrick, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Merrick, NY).

Interview

Filled out application online, then I received a call a few days later telling me to come in for an interview. Arrived early for the interview, was told to come back because she wasn't there. I came back about two hours later and was taken to an office room where I was questioned by the manager, and person who called me.

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (East Hartford, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

2 part interview process. One is with the CSM. He went and asked one page question. Went into details about the union, pay and hours and about the company and your room for growth. Filled out a background check on the computer. There is a second interview with your direct manager. Who again goes over the job and what it entails and then gives you an oversight of opportunities for growth. I was then presented with a job offer. The interview is very casual no need to show up all dressed up just be your self and be cheerful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, the pay is set, raises are set, hour allotment is set. It's a Union based company so everything is set in stone in a way.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Norwood, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

He called and asked me if I have a 15min for phone interview, I wasn't ready for it but I have done it anyway, called for in person interview.
    Overall experience was very easy and casual.
    I did ask some question about company and he seems to be happy about question

Interview Questions

• what is biggest accomplishment?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Merrick, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Merrick, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Found out immediate decision at the interview. Asked questions related to customer service, experience, background (whether it be work, school, or anything else). Asked about age because of tobacco and alcohol selling laws in New York State. Empathetic towards job breaks.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • How might the experience on your resume help you here?   Answer Question
    • Do you know anyone who works here?   Answer Question
    • Are you over 16, 18, or 21? (This is for tobacco and alcohol sales and doesn't impact you being hired)   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been fired or told to quit? Ever have issues with lateness?   Answer Question

Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyde Park, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Hyde Park, MA).

Interview

I applied online and then got a phone call from the hiring manager asked if i could come in for the first interview I said yes. I arrived at the store and we went over my application and then the interview started then filled out the background check paper work. then I got the second call for the second interview which was the offer in which was presented I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What days are you available to work   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Interview was all of about ten minutes. Manager was incredibly personable and welcoming. Essentially went over availability and previous work experience. Offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Produce Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoneham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Stoneham, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a very easy interview with just a few questions. You do not really need to plan ahead. Also you will likely be hired if you do not have much experience in other jobs.

Anonymous Employee in Bay Shore, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Bay Shore, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy. You apply online. They call you or you just walk in the store and pull your application. You go in, speak with a manager. No in depth questions. They just tell you about the job and and what's expected of you. A

Interview Questions

• None. Just asked if I had retail experience and told me about the job.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Got a phone call about a week after applying online, showed up the following day, asked me a question or two then offered me the job, assuming I passed background check. I did and was hired the following day and started the next week. They said they usually like the new hires to meet with the store manager before hiring, but I met him afterwards.