Stop & Shop Produce Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stop & Shop Produce Clerk Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

1.3

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stop & Shop.

Interview

Applied online in Connecticut. Heard back less than a week later and was asked to come in to interview. Came in about 10 minutes early and sat down with the hiring guy, asked me about my hobbies and interests, wanted to talk about availability and then pending a background check offered me the job on the spot. Interview was on a monday and was offered the job on friday. Some other glass door reviews were not wrong, this is a very simple interview process. Unless the background check fails, I think if you get an interview you've probably already passed some kind of preliminary check and will like get offered a job if you're not a complete weirdo and consent to the times they ask you. I wanted a different position and time they offered, but produce was one of the several I did check off. I wanted mornings and early afternoons and was told I'd work late afternoons into the evenings which isn't so bad because my store is not very busy and not 24 hours. Whole process took 6 days from application to interview, 4 days from interview to hire, and 5 days from hire to start training. About 2 weeks total.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stop & Shop

Anonymous Employee in Maspeth, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Maspeth, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager will call you after you submit an online application. Walk into the store and ask a bagger to point you to the manager offices at the back of the store. The manager will interview you, have you sign some information, give you your uniform, and ask you to come back for training.

Interview Questions

• What was an example of when you were helpful? What is your idea of a helpful employee?   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop in July 2014.

Interview

Interviews were not very long. What was went over was any special skills and availability. Afterwards, there was a briefing of what the job asks of you and then you are told that you will be called back for anything else. I got a call back the same day saying I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What exactly do you know about produce? Can you tell what is good or bad?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Easy interview, hired on the spot, background check required. Very few questions some included. Why do you want to work at stop and shop. explain a time you went out of your way for customer service. Mostly concerned with availability.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had a conflict with a customer and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stop & Shop (Cranbury, NJ) in June 2007.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I was asked what i thought my strengths and weaknesses were and was asked for my availibility.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know of our company and what do you think of it thus far?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not bad

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stop & Shop in June 2009.

Interview

Store manager was very friendly, scheduled a convenient time for the interview to take place, and was very professional. Was overall a pleasant experience and very straight-forward.