Stout Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

3.4

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stout (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Super day included 5 2-on-1 interviews, writing and technician examination. 1 interview based solely on technicals while others were behavioral and just wanted to get to know candidate. Culture seems fairly strong considering the smaller size. Quickly growing firm and proud of it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Stout (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

On campus interview followed by an office visit. Also a reception event at school before the first round interviews. One on one interview in person. Was asked a laundry list of finance questions

Interview Questions

Employees did not seem happy at the company at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stout (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Awful process. Had a phone interview with a vp then had to take 2 exams, 1 behavioral and 1 math. Then had a super day with 5 people where I took 2 more tests. 1 was a writing test where I had to list the value drivers of a fish company and a financial test. I had a pending offer with another company and let them know I needed an answer by a certain date. They had me push it back and asked me to come back and meet a md. After this they had me push my offer back a 2nd time, saying they needed more time but I was the lead candidate. After pushing my offer again they had an hr person reach out a day later and say I didn't get the job. Very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stout (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

First I went through a phone interview. They asked typical questions, like what I wanted to do in my career. My actual interview took place in the Chicago office. There were 4 rounds of questions with different employees and then a technical test and a writing test. The test is basic accounting stuff but is worth studying up on.

Valuation & Financial Opinions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stout (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

An initial campus interview was held, which was mostly behavioral with technical mixed in at the end, took about 30 minutes. An office visit and interview series was held a few weeks later. This was very focused on technical knowledge and it included an oral quiz on which you were graded 1-3, a business writing assessment, and a technical paper quiz.

Interview Questions

• Walk through a DCF; how do you value debt?; if interest rates increase (decrease), what is the effect on a company's pension assets and liabilities the next year?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stout (Chicago, IL).

Interview

3-4 hour interview process. The interview includes a 20 minute company presentation, a 30 minute technical assessment, a 30 minute writing assessment, 3 30 minute 2 person interviews, and finally a wrap-up.

The technical assessment included 10-k questions, excel calculations, and logic questions. The writing assessment asked you to respond to an email from a client.

The interviews were a mix of behavioral questions, walk me through your resume, and technical questions.

Everyone was very nice during the interview and overall, it was a smooth process compared to similar firms.

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stout (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview lacked direction. It's probably a personal issue but there was a lot of "why do you want to get into the industry" "what do you want to get out of the industry" which, to me, is neither here nor there. Since I flubbed those questions we never got to get technical, which is where I would have excelled.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stout (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

First Round on Campus, very relaxed, what you would expect. Second round was at the office, you will meet a majority of the staff. Be sure to prepare well through the process.

Interview Questions

• Please explain what you expect your resume to look like after 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not Negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stout (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Two on one interview. The two guys who interviewed me were very nice-- professional but not uptight. We started with my resume and from there went into DCF model and they asked me if I knew any other valuation methods (comps, quant, etc.) They gave me about 4 brain teasers/problem solving questions and then a worksheet with some cash flows and asked me to determine which company is valued higher. Definitely make sure to know the basics of valuation as well as review basic accounting and be ready for some critical thinking questions. Overall, I had a nice time and I would love to work here.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stout (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Had original phone screen with VP, who was roughly 30 years old and a pretty good guy. Went well, very down to earth, walk me through your resume, why SRR, etc, and was invited back to the Chicago HQ for a team interview.

Interviews were very basic, started off with a powerpoint presentation over the company, basically telling about the past and future of the company. Then had another conversation with same VP, very basic, another analyst, very basic, and the MD of the group, which was very basic, not technical at all, and almost just a simple "will I get along with you."

Was served lunch, they reimbursed for travel expense and parking, and overall experience was very good. After one week, was deemed a finalist for the position, but was not offered. Would definitely interview with again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in corporate valuations/what do you know?   Answer Question