Strata Decision Technology Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.9

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Strata Decision Technology (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

The process has been roughly 3 weeks. I applied through a recruiter who got me a phone interview. Following the phone interview I was invited onsite for a 30 minute technical assessment and then an interview with a Senior Consultant as well as the Director. We talked about my background further and also the tech assessment. Following the interview they said they would call me back in a few days, and I am waiting to hear from them.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Strata Decision Technology (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I applied through a recruiter who got me a briefly phone interview. I had phone interview with HR and then I was invited onsite for a 2 hours interview with HR, QA and developers. Firstly I was given 2 interview challenges and 30 minutes to resolve it. Then came HR and asked behavioral questions, after came two developers, we discuss my background and one of the interview challenges. Last came QA we discuss my background and second challenge.

Interview Questions

• What are potential risks with a system like this? How would you test a system like this? What parts of the testing could you automate?   Answer Question

Data Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Strata Decision Technology (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted through a tech recruiter, who gave me some company info and then set me up with a phone interview with his manager.

After I passed that round, I was forwarded on to the hiring manager for a phone interview. She really didn't ask many intense questions, it was more of a discussion to gauge personality and goals. She told me on the phone that she was going to bring me in for an in-person interview to meet her team, as she does not make hiring decisions without team input. All in all, we talked for about ten minutes.

At the in person interview, I completed an aptitude test for SQL understanding and some reasoning questions. They weren't looking for right answers so much my thought process. After the test, I interviewed with the hiring manager to discuss personal goals and career goals as well as team fit. The conversation was super casual. Following our in person interview, I met with her team and talked about experiences and such. Following that, I moved on to another manager who heads another team where I discussed company culture and long term goals, and that was the end of the day (totaled about 3 hours)

Next up was a phone interview with an SVP. Another casual conversation where I discussed company culture and where the company is headed, and how I might fit. We talked for about 10 minutes.

A couple of days later, I spoke with the CEO, and had a conversation about company culture, goals, and how I think I would fit.

I got my offer later that night.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your career goals, where do you want to be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Strata Decision Technology (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

There are a few steps to the interview process. First there is an initial HR phone screen where basic questions about your resume and background are asked. Then there is another phone interview with a manager mostly covering the same information. Then there is the onsite interview which consists of a very basic SQL (no syntax, just ideas) test and a reasoning test (basic math problems and estimation). Then there were 2, back to back, 2 on 1 interviews, each an hour long. First interview was with a vice president and a HR person. The second interview was with managers of the team you are in consideration for. All very friendly and casual interviews. Finally, there is another phone call with a vice president who asked the same questions as the first two phone interviews, and then a final 15 minute call with the CEO. Who also asked the same questions as all the other phone interviews. Have some good questions for the CEO. If you get to the CEO interview, then you basically already have the job.

Interview Questions

• Approximate how many ping pong balls can fit into a 747.   2 Answers
    • If you were to create a software solution for a hospital administration, how would you do that?   1 Answer

Optimization Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strata Decision Technology (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

20 min interview. Short and to the point.Went through routine questions."Why I chose my field? What did I want from the job? "Said they would contact me in the next week.

Interview Questions

• Why did I decide to go into my field?   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strata Decision Technology (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was pretty extensive. You are required to interview between 4 and 5 times and also speak with the CEO when you make it to the later rounds.

Interview Questions

• They give you a critical thinking exam, which includes some SQL questions along with a brain teaser   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Strata Decision Technology (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

A phone interview with the recruiter, then an onsite 2 hour interview, then a phone interview with the VP of client services, then a phone interview with the CEO. Pretty extensive interview process.

Interview Questions

• How many ping pong balls would fit in an airplane?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strata Decision Technology (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email a few days later from an administrative assistant to schedule a phone interview. I spoke with a managing director, who seemed a bit rushed and tried to get through the routine questions as quickly as possible. The managing director informed me that although I had originally applied for a consulting position, the company was currently seeking applicants for another help desk technician role. After the 15 minute awkward phone call, I was invited to an on-site interview where I was asked to complete a pre-interview exam and discuss my responses with both the managing director and lead help desk technician. The whole interview process took about 45 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• If you were to design a new electronic voting system for a school board election, how would you go about creating it? Describe the software, interface, or other hardware you would use.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Strata Decision Technology (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The initial conversation was with the recruiter. She gave a brief overview of the company and typical career path. We discussed both implementation and optimization roles as well as my level of interest in each. She deferred detailed questions to the hiring manager. The second and third calls were with the hiring managers for each position. The next step was to meet face-to-face. They decided to go with another candidate at this point. I would have like the subsequent interviews to probe a little deeper with some open ended questions.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Strata Decision Technology (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty pleasant. Everyone was very friendly and was more interested in who you were rather than just your experience and scores. Overall process involved: phone interview with someone at your position, phone interview with the head of HR, phone interview with CEO, and onsite interview with potential manager, onsite joint interview with two people at your position, onsite written survey skills assessment. I was very impressed that the CEO took the time out of his day to contact a potential entry level consultant.

Interview Questions

• Written assessment asked retaliative velocity question, how do do a conditional join query, and where you see yourself in the future.   Answer Question